Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thanks to thoses who made this game fun.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But now I've had enough of the backhands.

I wont put out a big statement, but I've had enough.

Quote:“Anyways, the MRG don't want to RP with you because it is not fun to them, they see it as a commitment. And when you see something as a commitment, you procrastinate and find ways to avoid it”

“They didn't want to tell you that because they thought you'd be offended”

I wont say who said this, but it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Years of working on the hardest and longest SRP I've ever done with being blocked from multiple factions because of issues ranging from how my character looked to pure trolling to such, and you wouldnt think I'd be offended..

I'm going to be giving my ships only to those who have made this game fun with me, and who I've had the chance to earn their respect and my own in kind.
Sad to see you leaving. Grab some cold beer and hot food, it may help. Take care and feel free to return if the storm calms down. This place should still be up and running.
I hope your next stop will alot friendlier then we've been here
See you in 2 weeks. We'll be here.

hopefully.
I never really understood why people want SRPs.
I can only speak for myself: I want an SRP because I want my in-game ship/id to reflect the RP that I've done/I will do.
Same with Nerva. That aside, A pox on those who've screwed over this guy. One of the oldest players, and one of my closest friends when it comes to Disco, and this is what happens to him. Absolutely goddamn shameful display from those who pushed him away.
Was a good time in RFP, shame we haven't finished my reinstatement. Have a great time.
In a long run, it is way much better to stop doing something that ocasionaly gives you little fun, but in same time disturbs you in enviriment that dont suits you. Wish you Good luck and good health in RL.
Backhand, huh.

I take issue with that part. Not the rest, however : it is your right to be fed up with people not going the way you want them to.
Thunderer was right when mentioning our displeasure at the thought of offending you. I can at least vouch for that. Truth be told, I didn't want to get mixed up in this, since it was Ramke who handled the post you refer to. But that was not my only reason, and here is where we step into the hard facts.

I never liked your particular brand of RP, mate. From the Legion des Damnes to this last comm of yours, all I've ever seen you produce has the same taste : it's all so over the top, cliché and in-your-face edgy that I could never take it seriously. I've always thought you derived your ideas on character development from saturday morning cartoons, where the hero is so awesome and mighty and no really you guys. And in lieu of depth, you go with equally over-the-top mysticism or other far-fetched backstories. I think your little clear up here is a nice summary of why I cannot stand your RP : it tries so very hard to stand out that it just ends up looking out of place and frankly ridiculous when put in contrast with other people's characters, whom are generally nicely grounded in Discovery/FL fiction, itself fairly reasonable by sci-fi standards.

I mean, just look at your opening comm for the MRG. This has EVERY aspect of the nigerian scam mail nailed just right. And you expected us to take it seriously ? Is that the end result of "years of working on the hardest and longest SRP" you've had ? But why ? How ?!! The biggest issue I have is this : I take a lot of interest in what people write in here. There are a lot of gems, there are promising pieces, stuff you can feel people have put their heart into. I love that, even if it's not Victor Hugo-grade, it entertains me greatly. And when it's bad or edgy, it's fine ! They've tried, they're doing what they like, I'm fine with it.

It starts becoming a personal issue when I see super-edgy, poorly written, barely thought-out RP (beyond "hmmh how can I make my wolf-like character so totally awesome without any respect towards established lore ?") being forced upon others. You impose your bullshit characters and bullshit stories on to people who've actually given thought regarding interactions their characters can have with others. When I write a story with people, my priority is rather "how can I make this interesting for everyone ?". You don't take that precaution. You just drop your crazy stuff on our faces and expect us to go along with it. Yeah, this piss weak story about a Valor and its entire complement defecting and ending up in the Omicrons is totally believable, let's have a nice three-post story about it so you can fly your own little Valor ! And you thought I wouldn't see you coming ? Reminds me of the +LE+ days.

And then Ramke went on a little break from Disco, leaving me with the responsibility of this "story". Thunderer put it in a much friendler way that I would, and indeed am doing right now. So, to your OP, here's my reply.

No.

I will not drag my faction into your bullshit story, even if it's the conclusion of years of tremendous RP work, which I would find rather worrying were it true. We could have left it at that, polite silence, but you had to go out and mention MRG in this little whiny post. So, to hell with keeping a level, inoffensive tone. You have my unadulterated thoughts on the matter, as a sign of respect for you. I find that preferable to being ignored. Have fun on your next stop.

Lana
Pages: 1 2