Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SciData and acquisition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, the reason i am opening this thread is, acquisition of scidata. Its based on an Admin's whim and your availability most of the time, too much RNG pn the table. Lets add another method of acquisition id say.

Heres my take on it:

Let PoB s have a modüle called "Research and Development". You feed research teams and several relevant items, all the way ranging from Codename weapons to nomad remains and cultist drones etc. And you produce SciData in various amounts.

More research teams you bring, faster the research is done. Shortens the "ticks" of SciData production
More items you bring, more scidata you produce per day or hour. Increases SciData per "tick"

Construction of the R&D modüle also includes several metals and whatnot plus small amount of scidata (like 25 or 50)
Have fun rewriting the POB plug-in. Nobody will do that for you.
As a member of science-based faction, I support the idea. It is strange when scientific faction cannot generate SciData. Let it be really small number outside of the event (with slightly better modifier for sci factions like IRG or SCEC), but capable of generating. Ofc, it will need to be balanced. But I concur with the general idea of generating scidata.
It does raise a good point, Sombs. People who have the most hours to spend on the events and the knowledge to get to the locations real early (also helps if you've got a cloaking device, jump beacons, other shenanigans of the kind), get all the data and all the blueprints.

You're a great example of a dedicated player who frequently gets first pickings on such events; you've got the means to get there quickly and the equipment to make the best of it. That's no bad thing as it's a major activity source.

However, Joe two-hours-a-week family-and-job new player in their eagle and their Bison don't have a lot of the luxuries players like us do. Which means it's hard to get data.

Hell, I'm very active and I have hardly any data as I rarely go to such events at spawn hours. That's the thing - active players like us should be making fun content for the less-active, dip-in players who form the majority of the sustainable activity.

I do think people like SCEC should be able to generate the stuff.
Since a unit of science data is linked directly to a credit value, you are essentially asking for a pob module that prints credits. I doubt that is going to happen.
Sombs, its not really rewriting pob plugin, its similar to how you produce cloaks and jump drives etc
It's not RNG. You invest your time into winning event or you invest your time into making money without events to afford SciData from people. I won two trading events so far, by trading way too much that put me on the verge of leaving Disco from exhaustion.

SciData is rather flawed approach into exclusive rewards for it. Those rewards should be buyable by regular credits although at huge prices from admins, so we have proper moneysinks in the end.
(03-17-2018, 10:07 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]Sombs, its not really rewriting pob plugin, its similar to how you produce cloaks and jump drives etc

You'll need to rewrite the plug-in for any additional modules or products. It's not just editing ini files. Trust me, I know.