Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Star Citizen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-04-2018, 04:19 PM)Minh Wrote: [ -> ]It's basically a bigarse fraud if you ask me. I double hate the project, when Chris Roberts said that he doesn't care about players who have weaker PCs.

Kinda funny hearing that when they just released a recent performance patch which took my moderately-strong computer from about 20-26 FPS to about 60+ FPS now. Everything has been gone and done as words have said. While the ships with IG credit is a bit high, They'll finetune that in due time.
Yet what I mostly dislike is one thing:

A lot of legal issues with that project. Not so long time ago court, by rejecting the case of money refund, it had been revealed that CIG stripped players from any customer rights at the time they "bought" Star Citizen and, all the content with it.
I got it a couple years ago. Played a couple times but after they moved away from CryEngine, I couldn't log into presistent universe anymore and only arena commander got boring. So I'm waiting for Squadron 42 to release.
I went nuts and picked the Hammerhead and BMM. Also an arrow and a cyclone
(12-04-2018, 04:26 PM)Minh Wrote: [ -> ]Yet what I mostly dislike is one thing:

A lot of legal issues with that project. Not so long time ago court, by rejecting the case of money refund, it had been revealed that CIG stripped players from any customer rights at the time they "bought" Star Citizen and, all the content with it.

You don't buy Star Citizen, you donate money with rewards for donation. They make that pretty clear and use "pledge", not "purchase" on all of their website materials.
(12-05-2018, 09:26 AM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2018, 04:26 PM)Minh Wrote: [ -> ]Yet what I mostly dislike is one thing:

You don't buy Star Citizen, you donate money with rewards for donation. They make that pretty clear and use "pledge", not "purchase" on all of their website materials.

Thing is, that only works with a non-profit organization (with some exceptions, but these are rare), due to obvious reasons. Examples like Star Citizen are aimed to make money, therefore it doesn't matter if it's donation, pledge or purchase, customer protection still applies due to the fact it is still a service provided for money because you are given access to paid content. Moreover, you are bound to receive a refund, because "[if] you bought a good or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and with no justification."

Catch is, everyone in the EU is entitled to a full refund no matter if they pledged day ago or year ago, due to the fact that CIG did not deliver the final product, according to the 2011 EU Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EU).
got an Arrow to kill stuff and an Aurora for random flying around.

So far it's going along well I think. the new locations are really cool, but it's still a bit too buggy for me to invest more cash and more time into it.
Hellfire, I can carry your Arrow around in my 890 Jump, assist you in combat with a 300i. (:
I was under the impresion ex-employees are now saying the gane will never be done.. Seeingas it has changed so much from the origional promise of what it would be.. Mt beard was all black when they started it.. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6