Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Cruise Disruptor Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we already have the Train disruptor in the game, but I am proposing this idea for an alternative to put on battleships: why?

#1 Regular CDs & Train CDs armor value isn't high enough to stay on a cap ship for more than 30 seconds in a firefight vs another cap ship (I personally have lost about 6 CD's in PVP and stopped buying them purely because of that reason)
#2 Lack of range and speed versus capital ships

This would be the infocard for the new Cruise Disruptor

Capital Class Cruise Disruptor
This cruise disruptor was designed specificly to be mounted on capital class ships of the gunboat size and higher due to the inneficiency of the smaller fighter mounted siblings.

*This weapon does not require ammo.

Range: 3k
Speed: 800ms
Turn Rate: 3.50 (Making it inneffective vs small craft) [EDIT]
Explosion Radius: 300m (or roughly double of the train CD's radius)
Refire Rate: 0.50 (Roughly 1 shot every 2 seconds)
Power Drain: 20,000
Armor Value: (equivelent to a battleship class turret)
For you always think about u don't u..... a train cruise disruptor CAN disrupt a BS, but if u aren't bright enough to fire it when u must then it's your fault.
lol Fire Tzunami,

This suggestion is for an alternative to the train cruise disruptor.. if you have been in any real PVP you would know that after the first 20-30 seconds of a cap ship fight your piddly little disruptor is going to get blown off with it's non-existant armor.
Cruise Distruptors should be on Capships anyway? It would be able to pirate effectivly with this turret, no matter WHAT RP rules say they would use Battleships to pirate traders effectivly.. and that should be left to the FIGHTERS

I don't understand WHY capital ships HAVE cruise distruptors in the first place.
gezza999,Sep 9 2006, 03:53 PM Wrote:Cruise Distruptors should be on Capships anyway? It would be able to pirate effectivly with this turret, no matter WHAT RP rules say they would use Battleships to pirate traders effectivly.. and that should be left to the FIGHTERS
[snapback]35464[/snapback]
That is why it is a server rule, and violation of server rules results in a 3 day ban... so there isn't a problem here.. trader takes pic of battleship pirating them... BAN!

gezza999,Sep 9 2006, 03:53 PM Wrote:I don't understand WHY capital ships HAVE cruise distruptors in the first place.
[snapback]35464[/snapback]
For times like what happened in my other thread.. where you get towed around for an hour before they kill themselves.

As for why I didn't have a CD equipped: It got blown up in my last PVP fight and I forgot to replace it, hence my suggested capital class CD
What about battleships bieng able to distrupt fighters? Most of the time if a random player battleship started attacking me when I was on my OWN I would just peg it. No point in hanging around you'd get mauled or it would be a long boring stalemate. Battleships shouldn't be able to disrupt ANYTHING from cruising IMO.

* decides to stop posting so much and go ingame on somthing *
Gezza, your putting out a mute point.. I agree with you on the BS having cruise disruptors, but not having them unbalances a few things... hence why Igiss chose to put the CD Mounts on the cap ships.

The CD mount that I proposed would be no different from anything we have now. Infact it would be less effective against fighters than current CD's.

Correction on the turn radius aswell, it should be 3.50 turn speed not 7.0...
i think this is an excellent idea and it makes a whole bunch of sense.