Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Which ship types are NOT allowed Nanobots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, I just read about a player with a Battlecruiser being sanctioned for using nanobots as that is forbidden. I was wondering which ships are not allowed to carry nanobots? I recently purchased a Liberty Navy Archer Cruiser and was wondering if I can equip it with shield batteries and Nanobots, etc.

Is there any particular reason why Battlecruisers and Battleships aren’t allowed Nanobots from a lore standpoint or is it a rule just because?

Any other “forbidden equipment” on capital ships I should be aware of?
Battlecruisers and battleships/carriers only, it is not that they are not allowed but they are unable to. In some cases, people still have them on the ship, which is against the rules.
The ships that can use nanobots can buy them. The ones that can't, well... Can't. Battlecruisers and above specifically.
Battlecruisers and Battleships do not have nanobots anymore. So you shouldn't have any on yours.
If you have nanos on battlecruisers and battleships, you are gaming the system, you shouldnt have them on those ships and you cant buy them anyways.
Thank you all for clarifying this, so hypothetically I own a BattleCruiser, shoot down an enemy player that had Nanobots in their cargo hold and tractor beam them in. Is that considered breaking the rules? I guess you should just jettison them if you pick them up accidentally?

This is good info to know! Thank you for your responses.
(03-26-2018, 07:28 PM)Irishacana Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for clarifying this, so hypothetically I own a BattleCruiser, shoot down an enemy player that had Nanobots in their cargo hold and tractor beam them in. Is that considered breaking the rules? I guess you should just jettison them if you pick them up accidentally?

This is good info to know! Thank you for your responses.

You won't even tractor them up. The game prevents it.
You cannot tractor them as your ship has no space for them.
Perfect, the reason I ask is I was strongly considering using the credits I’ve saved up to purchase a Battlecruiser and saw another player got sanctioned for having Nanobots, this was a rule I was unaware of until today. Thank you all for your quick and informative replies, it is much appreciated.
He had nanobots because they remained on his ship after battlecruisers lost the ability to buy/tractor new ones.
Pages: 1 2