Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kyoi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The woman plays the logs, over and over, listening to it for over 15 minutes. Quietly listening to every detail of an encounter that occured over 20 years ago. The name of the dragon. Takeo Sen. The most resounding detail. "I will find you." She whispers to herself. The woman leaves the room, with the audio logs still running on repeat, much to the curiosity of the Samura captain who steps into the Nara's deck 8 hours later.

Personal log, 13th October, 824 A.S., Misa Hisakawa
This is what I came to do. This is what all of this has been about. I did not join the Kempeitai out of any loyalty to Kusari. I came this far, trained this hard to kill that man, the only one that matters. 20 years. Now, I know his name, and now I know where he will be next. He shall pay for what he has done. If he ends me instead, so be it. Either way, I shall find my peace.

Tohoku. My division will be there in the coming weeks. So will he, and so will I. Fate has decided that we shall meet. We will find the dragon hideout and wipe all of them out. We have the element of surprise and enough ships to clear out a small outpost, which is what we believe is in that cloud. Victory seems certain, and I eagerly await what comes next. However, I must not become overconfident and too certain. There is no room for carelessness. Closure is what I seek. This is what I came to do. This is what all of this has been about.

Personal log, 5th November, 824 A.S., Misa Hisakawa
The injustice of it all. My wingmen are idiots. Incompetent. We had what it took to kill them all, but carelessness, incompetence, and now we are the ones being hunted. Now that accursed man whom I came here to kill is behind me. I burn with the anger of this ironic twist of fate. I can only cruise for so long before I have to engage his ship with what is left of my hull and equipment. I know not if it will be enough. Tekagi's Arch is right ahead. If he does not kill me, the infected might. Or worse. Maybe they'll kill him first. I appear to be a guaranteed kill now, it would be tactically advantageous to them to destroy him first and kill me later.