Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Planned downtime for maintenance tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I intend to restart the servers tonight from midnight UTC (6 and a half hours time), to apply some Windows updates among other things. I don't expect the downtime to last more than a couple hours, and at any given time either the web or game server should be operating as normal.

Edit: Evidently, not all elements of this (some of the web server changes, entirely separate to the Windows updates that went on the game box earlier) went quite according to plan. Lessons have been learned, though I still think there's some failure on the host. We've ended up with a technically separate web server instance with our old IP and volumes attached, running a different bootscript.
any fixes for the Ish'tar FWG?
It's not a game patch. So that won't be fixed yet.
(04-02-2018, 09:12 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a game patch. So that won't be fixed yet.

ok no prob
Quick question, is the Picture of the server still up somewhere? Last time I saw it was around 2012.
The server is no longer a machine in someones house. We rented it. So no real pictures.
Oh, nice! Now that you mention it I do remember seeing a post asking for help paying the server if I remember correctly. Since you are already here I have some other questions. Hopefully, you can answer. Is that still an option to help pay for the server? Or is it all covered for a while now?
(04-02-2018, 09:32 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]The server is no longer a machine in someones house. We rented it. So no real pictures.

You can't hide the truth.

Taking this opportunity to thank the staff for dedicating their time and effort to doing this kind of maintenance stuff constantly to ensure Disco stays afloat and active ~<3
Pages: 1 2