Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How about tags in Stories and Biographies ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

So I was doing my daily browsing of the stories and biographies subforum, I like to see what the community produces on a regular basis and I think its regular output is a clear sign of its good health overall.

And I thought about this ; how about a system of tags underneath the titles of each story thread ? I know it's something you can add yourself to the title of your story, but that space is limited, and adding OORP tags on there feels a little jarring to me. Letting people classify their own stories through tags would perhaps be a good way to attract the attention of wandering readers such as myself, who may want to read about one theme or other during that particular reading session.
I also feel it'd take some of the pressure off finding out THE title that is certain to attract readership, which would in turn allow writers to be more creative and less constrained in how they come up with their story titles.

tl;dr : gib tags, remove title pressure and grant weapons of mass seduction to writers anxious to attract attention.

Cheers !

Lana
no

tags are uggo

meta content for stories should be in rp feedback thread, do it there
But RP feedback threads serve a very different purpose ! Tags are immediate, visible, polite, helpful !

RP feedback threads are hidden, obscure, unrefined and not very helpful.
(And yes I do have one)
I second Lana's motion. There are various types of threads in Stories and Biographies - Things like [STORY], [BIO], [CHAR LORE] would suffice quite well.
Defending the Delta
[Journal] [First Person]

Out of Bounds
[Story] [Solo] [Soft Erotic] [Adventure] [Uncharted]

That one tag probably would appear quite often in anything that is related to Ezrael. :/
(06-12-2018, 10:07 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ][Soft Erotic]

[Image: maG6Li7.jpg]
Can i use [NSFW]?.This is with proper disclaimers will enhance my RP story count, i swear.
I can appreciate having the option to tag things. It'd be nice to tell at a glance what's safe to read at work and what isn't.

That, and having the specific genre of a story searchable would be neat, as well.
Maybe instead of tags, make a thread for each category where people can link their story?
War Prisoner
[How to suck even in RP] [Surprise Buttsecks] [Ramke disapproves] [Incompleted]

To make contracts
[Gay?] ["Censored" seeker?] [Contract] [Contracts]

Weird patience
[I like suffering] [Love]

"Long time no see" they say
[Forever alone]

A diary like many else
[They everybody write a log. I do it too]

"Wake up"
[I like suffering] [Boh]