Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Merge transports' nanobots into hull
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
The same it was done with Battleships and Battlecruisers. It would really benefit new players who have no idea how dangerous SNAC/Nova is against their transports. And it would provide more leeway for pirates to coerce unarmored transports instead of instakilling them.

EDIT: Explanation by awesome member:
(04-06-2018, 09:02 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]Nanobots would be removed from transports, but the amount of armor the nanobots repair would be added to the base armor of each transport. Ergo, each nanobot removed = 200 more base armor per transport. This has zero effect on Armor Upgrade multipliers, since nanobots already repair a multiplied amount based upon your Armor Multiplier.

A little education on the matter goes a long way. I hope I cleared that up and soothed any concerns over this being a bad thing!

Edit: As an example, say you have a transport with 100,000 base armor. Said transport has 300 nanobots, meaning an extra 60,000 armor via nanobots, totaling 160,000 armor.

If said transport had its nanobots removed, that extra 60,000 armor would be added to the base armor. You'd no longer be able to repair, because your base armor would be 160,000, instead of 100,000 + 60,000 worth of nano-repair health.

These numbers are the same with multipliers thanks to Armor Upgrades, as well. Basically, you'd no longer need to mash the nanobot key for extra health, thus making it harder for people to synchronize-SNAC you in one pass, or accidentally kill you if you lack armor.

Edit2: I'm off with the nanos, they actually repair 600 HP per unit, but the principle remains the same.

EDIT 2: Explanation how Armor Upgrade works by

EDIT 3: Spreadsheet showing stuff
I quite like this idea!

I'd actually enjoy if it was applied to all of the ships above fighter size, however. It makes them feel a lot more, well, 'Capital'.
(04-06-2018, 06:27 PM)Suzumi Wrote: [ -> ]I quite like this idea!

I'd actually enjoy if it was applied to all of the ships above fighter size, however. It makes them feel a lot more, well, 'Capital'.
I would love that too, but there was some doubt from devs I talked with.
Let's go a step further in this hypothetical train of ideas.

Merge AU8 into hull.
(04-06-2018, 06:30 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]Let's go a step further in this hypothetical train of ideas.

Merge AU8 into hull.

That would suddenly make pure 5kers who like the 5000 number too hard to pirate with no drawback.
I'd be all for this on transports! Too often have I caught myself accidentally one-shot-SNAC'ing a transport without realizing "Wait, they didn't have armor? Well dang it, I wanted to scare them, not KILL them!"

There are very few transports in the game that can survive a single SNAC hit to the hull without armor. This would benefit both new players who don't know about Armor Upgrades, as well as those who willingly eschew armor in favor of maximum cargo space. Indirectly, Repair Ships would also benefit from this, as they would have more "maximum health" to work with.

+1 from this Burrito Cat!
(04-06-2018, 06:32 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2018, 06:30 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]Let's go a step further in this hypothetical train of ideas.

Merge AU8 into hull.

That would suddenly make pure 5kers who like the 5000 number too hard to pirate with no drawback.

If I recall correctly there was supposed to be a plugin that would've prevented any ship that is bigger than a freighter to equip Armor Upgrades and would have to substitute for Heavy Armor Upgrade, I wonder why it never made a comeback after it was pulled down for being a bit buggy.
Yep +1 to that.
NO, just no.
No, Just no. ( Going to tick off some of us older players who "have" invested in armor for our transports)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20