Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Arms Expo Event?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arms and defense trade shows are huge in the modern world. Asia Defnse, Eurosatory, MAKS, Paris Air Show, Farnborough, SOFEX, I could go on.

These are giant events where trade and military professionals and other interested persons meet, discuss, show, and negotiate the aspects of the defense industry. This can include aircraft, raw materials, land vehicles, sensor platforms, small arms, munitions, etc etc.

Essentially, the picture you should get is a giant festival for pew and pew accessories.

So, why not have one as a forum and server event? On the forums, we could have a thread / series of threads / temporary section for a one-off, annual, or semi-annual trade show. House militaries and police would obviously attend, as would the many companies in Sirius that are involved in resource production, financing, goods and ships manufacturing, or transport for the defense industries and associated industries. Unlawfuls could send disguised or unknown representatives.

I can think of a good reason for nearly every faction in Disco, perhaps only excluding Nomads off the top of my head (Aoi and Wilde might want some gear too!) to want to attend and participate.

There would be forum interactions between military personnel, statesmen, corporate employees and representatives, and unlawfuls all networking with each other and perusing the offerings for the next financial period's acquisitions.

I think that The Ring in Rheinland or some location in Kusari would be the best place for such a venue. Both are currently neutral or close enough to neutral in the current wars, meaning all houses could participate. The financial and political gain from being host would be a good motivator for that host to make attendees play nice with each other.

In game, this could be represented by a bunch of ships carrying these representatives convoying all at once from their bases to the venue, and then interacting / staying there for a little bit.

Just an idea, and I wanted to test the waters and see if anyone might be interested! Whether large or small scale, I think this could be pretty fun.
Leaving a tactical dot here.