Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Benito Contari, The National Council ⚡From: Nicole Hunter, The Lane Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Senor Contari,

We have came into possession of a troubling intelligence concerning cooperation between the 72nd Malteese Fleet and The Hellfire Legion. Considering its significance to the stability of the alliance we are sharing it with you under point 2.1 of The Orange Treaty.

...uploading.data.package...

It appears our suspicions were correct. 72nd not only opposes Malta interests at home but also collaborates with its enemies abroad. We wish to assure you that you have our full operational support should you deem any kind of disciplinary action necessary. We do consider foolish actions of the 72nd leadership as a significant threat to our mutual interests and I would like to stress again that The Professorship is willing to dedicate a sizeable amount of resources to quell it.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: dFYLGGb.png]

This is indeed troublesome. Good day, Signora Hunter.

I must say that these news are putting us into a strange position. On one hand, if we allow the 72nd to remain at large, their influence might grow and our enemies would profit. However, if we do take repressive measures, they might see themselves justified in their illusions and their followers might gain confidence, as it is always easier to see an opponent as evil if they take steps against you.

However, as the Professorship seems to express its urgent concern in this situation, it appears that positive action is necessary, however it may look. What do you propose we do, Signora Hunter? Bounties? Revoked docking access? We need to find a solution that demoralizes them first and foremost, I feel.
...uploading.data...

Senor Contari,

I do fully understand your predicament. In a similar situation we have also elected to ignore a certain disloyal former elements that came from our own ranks having in mind exactly the same logic. Ignorance is also a valid way to exercise power. If you believe this is the proper way of action, we trust your judgment.

We will continue to gather intelligence on this matter. There are two key questions concerning the 72nd that should be the basis for any future strategy.
  • Do you believe that putting pressure on 72nd through diplomatic channels will bear any kind of positive results?
  • Does the size of 72nd forces even warrants our attention?

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

[Image: anzUAwD.png]

We know neither the size of the 72nd's fleet nor exact manpower. We never suspected them to be more than a band of petty outlaws. I vaguely remember that we already had a problem with them a while back, one that you were even involved in addressing. Because of this, I do not believe that exerting political efforts into diplomacy will yield many results. In truth, we do not see a reason for the 72nd to take up our time. If you agree, we would like to put this matter to rest. If you do not, then propose a course of action.

...uploading.data...

Senor Contari,

Let us leave this matter at rest then. Once we accumulate enough material we will either take this matter into our own hands or get back to you with a ready scenario of action.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter