Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The time has finally come...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes it is.
After putting 250+ hours into this character i've decided to make an account on this forum.

Some of you may know me as: "Min-max trader who triggers everyone on this server", "Junker who thinks that he's a Freelancer" and finally "CHANGE YOUR F****ING ID!!!".
But seriously now, if the administration decides that flying in the Salvager with Freelancer ID breaks the rules in this server i will modify this character that right away, but for now i will keep it the way it is... sorry...

So, what was keeping me from joining this community?
Well, there are several things that was stopping me from doing that:

Firstly, when i saw this forum for the first time i was overwhelmed by the size of it, so much threads to read that i wouldn't manage to do it in my lifetime.
Then i visited Stories and Biographies section and read some of it, after that i thought "Oh crap, if i ever want to join any faction, i would have to make a biography that is big as 3 or 4 sheets of A3 paper" which is very much for the first time, don't you think?
After some time of observing this forum i got an idea of which places here are important and learned that it's not that bad in case of recruitment and you don't have to create an overly sophisticated character to join a faction.

Secondly, following with the first thought, "So if the members of community is putting a lot of time making these biographies and continuing the story of this mod in the forum, then they have to play this mod with the same dedication of time". We know all that Freelancer isn't the only game in the world, and i don't think anyone here plays this game only. Although a long time ago i got a stupid superstition i made through my experience with playing in clans, which is when i played in a clan for a week, two things usually happend. One is that the clan suddenly collapses and the other one is "Oh, what's this? a cool game? hell yeah!" which lead to being kicked out for absence there. Because of this i was scared, that the same thing will happen here. Freelancer is my favorite game of all games i played and when it's combined with this mod, nothing can beat it, even newer games like Elite Dangerous, which i played recently but because of it's problems i came back to this game.

How long have i played this game?
I started playing that game in the beginning of elementary school, in fact this is one of the first games i played ever.
Actually over that period of time i never played on any server in this game untill the moment i saw my brother playing this mod.
After some time i tried it myself, i downloaded the version 4.85 (i think) and thus began my journey in this mod... with a sanction.
I had that time a character called "Qest333" (which is my nickname in other games and forums btw) which had a Guardian with basic loadout.
I fought only one skirmish with this character between Liberty Navy and pirates. At the time i didn't bothered about the RP part of this mod and the rules, so the outcome of that was obvious, after i died i launched my ship and continued fighting with pirates again, and again. Next day i loged in with no money, no equipment and with the information that this character was sanctioned. Several months later i decided to read the rules and guides about how to start in this server and i created my first trading character called "Delivery_Man" when the next update was upon to come. I haven't played this character too much, only to buy a Percheron because the 4.86 came out with it's new installer. So, i had to reinstall the game to install the mod again and by that i lost this character because i forgot to backup the ID. After some time i decided to try again with a trading character, which is the one you see right now.

So after that long introduction, i hope that this next step in my journey will be worth the time i spent playing this mod.
See you on the battlefi... i mean space... it's space.
hello frend
Greetings!
Quite a trip to get here..... Welcome to the Forums.
Hello
Hey Hey, welcome to the community, feel free to ask any questions you may have!