Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do I lay a complaint with ADMIN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As you all are aware some person destroyed my base today while I was at work, no RP involved. Feeble if there was some.

I feel justified based on what took place to lay a complaint to the ADMIN at the no RP or deliberate rort of the "rules" to attack.

How do I do go about it?
This is the section for submitting reports. Take your time to study how and use the proper form.

However, after quick glance, I am not sure if you have anything to complain about. Mandatory roleplay post was posted, so unless attacker did break mandatory waiting time between posting the attack notice and attack itself (seems he did not if it was just core 1 base), there is no rule violation.
Thanks. Appreciated.

A principle of fairness... sadly lacking too often. Post a feeble non-specific spammed message and 2 minutes later post an attack declaration based on the feeble non-specific spammed message. Execute in exactly 8 hours to "satisfy" the legal requirement.

This is supposed to be a Role-Playing game.
The action taken to the letter of the rules should not trump the spirit of the game. And this did.

I could pick on any base, do exactly as this... (deleted) did and really tick people off. But hey! It's within the rules, so I can get away with it.
Just submit a reportand the staff will examine your case. In fact nowadays running a base is much more fair than in earlier days. Players didn't need an atrack declaration or something and could instantly destroy a base.
Aside to that you should team up with other players at best.
Basically a similar thing happened to our base yesterday so heads up man.
Even in case no specific rule wasnt obviusly broken, there are cases where you can still find justice:

Quote: -- Administrators are obliged:
To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.
Report person/person with this quote and, if your reasons are justified , administrators will study case.
I would say, that RP behind this attack is lame at best.

"Hurrr durr Im gonna destroy your base, cause I can."
The effort put into this was really HUGE.

Who the hell is Kosa and who the hell is Aquilo**whatever?

I mean compare it with other in https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=110046:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid1975369
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=159286

Speaking of this thread though, why are attack declaration posts deleted after some time? It would be nice to have a history.... or maybe someone does not want that?
Expired attack declarations are hidden from public view to allow base owners better overview of the thread.
(04-09-2018, 11:39 AM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of this thread though, why are attack declaration posts deleted after some time? It would be nice to have a history.... or maybe someone does not want that?

It´s either huge conspiracy of Disco Freemasons or it´s simply deleted to keep that thread clear because otherwise some still active attack declarations may end burried under those related to bases which were destroyed already. Depends on how much you believe in Conspiracy™.
(04-09-2018, 11:42 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Expired attack declarations are hidden from public view to allow base owners better overview of the thread.

That sounds just like an excuse to me. You can have PM/email notifications for new posts in that thread. Which is way better, than checking it every day.

In any case, links to archive would not hurt.
(04-09-2018, 11:48 AM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2018, 11:42 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Expired attack declarations are hidden from public view to allow base owners better overview of the thread.

That sounds just like an excuse to me. You can have PM/email notifications for new posts in that thread. Which is way better, than checking it every day.

In any case, links to archive would not hurt.

For what would you need it? Posts are just hidden, so staff still has access to them if they will need them for something.
Pages: 1 2 3