Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Technical Issue - Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

Back when I played Vanilla Freelancer, I was about to see my cruise and thrust speeds. Playing on discovery I noticed the speeds are not displayed, but other players have mentioned seeing the speeds. I took a screenshot to show what I see. See attachment.

[url=https://photos.app.goo.gl/7XMDyg5asCKqURb13][/url]
Your fonts are borked.
Try re-installing.

For reference, Freelancer uses the Agency FB font.
It seems you have unpacked Freelancer, rather than outright installed it. Please use the download link provided in our download section and install the game from the ISO. This will include the missing fonts.
(04-11-2018, 07:15 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]It seems you have unpacked Freelancer, rather than outright installed it. Please use the download link provided in our download section and install the game from the ISO. This will include the missing fonts.

Sir, is there another link or site to download the game? It appears the link provided on the forums has been compromised.
If you do indeed have a disc or ISO handy, you should be able to mount it and manually install the TrueType fonts inside the FONTS/ directory to save yourself the hassle of reinstalling. Otherwise, has a handy archive of the same folder available here.
hi

i have the same problem, speed not showed and divers other annoying things. a person here gave me this link, but it not works.

i go try this one in the freelancer font directory. i can't remember if i have installed it in this directory.
i forgot to ask, where to put these 3 files.

in FL directory there are 2 files: (fonts.ini and rich_fonts.ini) here?

or in windows font directory?

Thanks by advance
today it has worked, it has to be placed in the windows Fonts directory, you must just past the 3 files.

the speed, the entire system name, weapon, etc seems good

what pleasure

forget my useless message
and by chance, any idea on it? it is normally a gladiator

[Image: ehAE9n7.jpg]

but it's like a plane without wings
(05-17-2018, 09:40 AM)NoMe Wrote: [ -> ]today it has worked, it has to be placed in the windows Fonts directory, you must just past the 3 files.

the speed, the entire system name, weapon, etc seems good

what pleasure

forget my useless message

Where did you get those three files?
Pages: 1 2