Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transports and Bombers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This "discussion" on Discord actually sounded pretty cool, so...

Suggestion: Allow Transports to swap out their Cruise Disruptor for a Fighter Missile/Bomber Torpedo.

What do you guys think?
This would merely serve to break balance as you'd have nova transports flying around blowing bits off capital ships, especially since they house way more powerful cores than bombers. Transports are transports, they're not meant to have more than self defense armament.
And dual Heavy Mortar hits will make just about any Transport that exists... not.

EDIT: At the range for a Transport to reliably do damage and not immediately die, it's so far away the Torp could be CM'd/CD'd with little difficulty anyway. As someone who owns an incap/Nova bomber and has taken it on walks, if you're lobbing torps from more than 2k range, it's to keep someone flakking/dodging rather than to do damage, because anyone with half a brain and a functioning keyboard will be able to avoid it.

When it comes down to actual pvp as it is now, if the Transport can actually do meaningful damage, the pirate has lost already.
We should actually refit them as Q-Ships imo. Poor mans warships.
Yes, sure, give a TSing gull a SNAC.
I think we are fine.

I would rather give BattleTransports the capability to use a repair turret, so they can manage fleet repairs irp, even if the actual usage would be sub-par compared to the much smaller, much more agile repair ship.
(04-12-2018, 09:39 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]We should actually refit them as Q-Ships imo. Poor mans warships.

This. A line of Heavy Armored Transports with Cruiser weapons and powerplant would be nice.
2 cruiser heavy, some cruiser primaries, an even more diminished light cruiser powercore, BC turn, below cruiser hull. Would be cool.
I personally would call them frigates, mainly because I feel we need something for Freelancers betwixt Gunships and Cruisers. Something that is at the edge of reasonability for a FL or smaller factions to have. to counter capitals or large hostile formations.
(04-12-2018, 09:53 AM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]I personally would call them frigates, mainly because I feel we need something for Freelancers betwixt Gunships and Cruisers. Something that is at the edge of reasonability for a FL or smaller factions to have. to counter capitals or large hostile formations.

I believe that's called "cap8 battletransport".

Too bad about that 3.6k limit.
Fighter missile , as anti snub defense : YES , logicly and in RP to have defense against snubs .
Bomber torpedo , to be able to deal large damage to even Capital ships : NO , both for gameplay and in RP reasons is not logical .

Or , maybe can rework that anti-snub gunboat missile for use on transports/battle-transports , with little nerfed stats , it is only fair that transports get some kind of missiles to .
Pages: 1 2 3