Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shorten givecash / ask cash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Paying a Freelancer or any mercenary in the heat of battle is tough.

/gc - givecash
and
/gct - givecasht

would speed that up immensely.

Another idea might be to allow the merc to /askcash NAME AMOUNT
to which the player can /pay

Just my small idea I got when I read Spazzy talking about his drone adventures.

Edit: Just realised that this would also help pirates.

Trader receives this message:
Dread.Pirate.Roberts asks you to pay 2.000.000 credits. Type /pay within the next 60 seconds to pay.
of course no other /askcash command will run on the player. Otherwise you could accidentally pay someone a billion.
Simple enough, will make the change later today when I submit what I am currently working on.
actually hhc had that under command /tax

i'd say though that perhaps setting it to multiply the amount immediately by 100 000 would be more helpful with that entire 'heat of battle' thing
Disagree that pirates are granted a shortcut to beg for credits. Cuts out the player dialogue and interaction.
In a multiplayer system who is the pirate talking to? The pirate must engage in full dialogue. Currently too many are rude with minimal dialogue before they open fire. My experience has shown that 1 in evry 2 pirate uncounters, the pirate fires first before he states his demands.

I can understand the shortcut need in battle between friends but not in any other scenerio.
They still have to rp. This merely moves /givecash to the pirate.
But that is just it. Very few do not RP before firing. Often they fire missiles first before the RP. Some say it is just to attract your attention but being crippled by fire does not give the trader/miner much room left to negotiate.
If pirates are firing missiles before they RP, they are not complying with the rules and you as a player are obligated to submit a rule violation report for the good of the community.

If pirates are firing TCDs at you when you try to cruise away after seeing them, you are doing the whole "surviving a piracy encounter" thing wrong.
Negative on cruising away after seeing a pirate. When loaded I woud rather pay than loose the load.
The next pirate that does fire first before RP will be reported. Thanks for the advice.
Cruise disruptors do make your ship go "incoming missile". Because they're cruise disrupting low damage missiles
Shorter aliases are good, could we maybe have:

/dc
and
/sc
too? (/drawcash /showcash)

About the ask and pay function? I dont know, seems abuseable and not worth the time to code.
Pages: 1 2