Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: POB Exploit - Crew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I've always had the correct amount of crew on my PoBs (except for when I forgot to feed them and they died XD) it doesn't take up that much time and seems a reasonable requirement for bases to need what they need.
1440 RA + (base core • 600) is actually inaccurate because multiple server restarts can bork daily supply runs like nobody's business. Factor in the riot system currently designed to provide a ten hour warning before crew start dying, and one can get dead crew from those minimal effort runs anyway.

Be prepared, have at least 3k of FWO for anything with a Storage Module.
The crew workers union should encourage spaceship crews to revolt regarding the barbaric forced labour. They have to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week eating putrid food like "synthetic paste" and food "rations". They should DEMAND better working conditions such as an 8-hour day, weekends off, and holidays.

Just saying...

Spacestation Crews STRIKE!
*cough* standing policy on the THP operation in Delta is to Jump Luxury Food from Cambridge Omega-3 *cough*

And what's to say that all 200 are awake 24/7? They may be working 8-hour shifts already. Remember, a lot of things in Discovery are abstracted due to engine limitations, or at least, are assumed to be handled by the NPCs. Those Food Rations and Synth Paste are good enough for the rest of the good people of Sirius, and some people on Crete can't eat at all because they're starving, so take your rations.

EDIT: Disco will always be a game about flying around and occasionally shooting things in a semi-bleak setting. If anything, the Crews on POBs would probably be one of the luckier groups in-universe now, because they have crews of large transport ships with a vested interest in their well-being.
I think I'll build a base by AI -Gammu robots. They can maintain the bases too! No food, no water, no air, no sleep, no holidays, etc. As a tongue-in-cheek comment, if the PoB is AI affiliated, and its crew are AI then no need to riot.
I may have missed it but what if you are keeping crew on a ship to replace any that have died that ok?
(04-21-2018, 10:33 PM)Ruvx Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'll build a base by AI -Gammu robots. They can maintain the bases too! No food, no water, no air, no sleep, no holidays, etc. As a tongue-in-cheek comment, if the PoB is AI affiliated, and its crew are AI then no need to riot.

Get it to Core 5, THEN push that RP through. Join Gammu| to make THAT happen, though.

Otherwise, you're stuck supplying it.

And that should be fine. Ideally, none should have died in the first place, but...
(04-21-2018, 07:45 PM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]1440 RA + (base core • 600) is actually inaccurate because multiple server restarts can bork daily supply runs like nobody's business. Factor in the riot system currently designed to provide a ten-hour warning before crew start dying, and one can get dead crew from those minimal effort runs anyway.

Be prepared, have at least 3k of FWO for anything with a Storage Module.

Just for edification, Exodite, does the recent change to the RA consumption also apply to FOW? If it does, or doesn't as the case may be, what is the actual consumption of FOW?

Cheers and thanks.
It was only RA changed, FOW is as usual (200 per core level per 10hrs)
It does not.

Consumption of FOW is still 1 unit each per crew member per 10 hours.

These timers are not affected by server restarts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7