Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is the lower/middle/upper-middle/super-rich classes of Sirius?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How much money would the average DiscoveryFL player need to have to be considered:

- Lower/Working Class
- Middle Class
- Upper Middle Class
- Rich/Super-Rich/1%?
A very good question. Considering in vanilla a million credits were a damn lot of money, while in Disco a single snub (no equipment, just ship) costs even more. You could just base calculations off one category you set yourself as basis.
If you take snub prices as "realistic" and 100% valid as basis, you would get to the result that everyone who's in the working class remains planetside or takes.. well shuttles to their workplace. And space travelling with their own vessel would start with middle class people.

But the high sums coming along with this, would raise questions about the prices of basic goods and houses. It's either questionable calculations based off ingame prices (why the hell would they use such an inflated currency though?) or basing it on what appears to be logic in regards of a char's job, family background etc. etc.
Flying around in space is pretty much something the simple pleb can't do. You need at least some thousand credits to get a simple ship, a few millions for a ship that actually can do something. To be perfectly honest, the prices are very realistic the way they are if you compare them to dollar and euro, with the exception of a good amount of commodities.

Space is only for rich people, so a simple freelancer is already pretty well equipped with an expensive ship like a VHF. At least that is how I always handled it. Ezrael sold the company of his parents and got five billions for it. That company included assets like freighters and transports and planetary assets, so I thought it would be sorta fitting.

Although battleships should be more expensive inRP, I think. And bigger. But that's food for another discussion. Like planets. Big Grin
A Starflier is a two-generations-old Toyota Corolla.

A Sunburst is a venerable, well-maintained (until the shield falls off the hardpoint when you wake up in the morning) Ford heavy duty truck.

A Guardian is an F-22 Raptor.
I'm thinking if you can afford a 5K or a decent CAU 6 capital ship (BC/BS) then you're middle class.

And if you can afford to maintain a Core 3 POB then you're upper middle class.

And you're super rich if you can afford to straight up purchase a Core 5 POB.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh wait. You mean Player wise? Super rich is: , the rest who say they are rich, are just simple rich.
And yeah, that will do.
I am assuming that you are talking inRP?

So, when I see the bits about 'owning' a Battleship, then it is unrealistic.

A Battleship and even down to the Fighters, of the Navy, would effectively owned by the Government. (the crew would receive a working wage, relative to their Rank)

Corporation Ships would be owned by the Corporations.

Indy Corporation Ships could be seen as being leased to a Franchise.

So, your 'Super Rich' would be those, possibly, flying around on their 'private yachts'.
(04-21-2018, 12:51 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]I am assuming that you are talking inRP?

So, when I see the bits about 'owning' a Battleship, then it is unrealistic.

A Battleship and even down to the Fighters, of the Navy, would effectively owned by the Government. (the crew would receive a working wage, relative to their Rank)

Corporation Ships would be owned by the Corporations.

Indy Corporation Ships could be seen as being leased to a Franchise.

So, your 'Super Rich' would be those, possibly, flying around on their 'private yachts'.

In that case I should have specified, I'm talking about ooRP, not inRP
Most vets have a few billions lying around or a good amount of ships accessible, either their own or shareds. Some are investing in capitals or store CAU8s like I do on a Whale, others invest in Sci-Data or Codeweapons. I usually always had around ten billions around before I started mass-trading to buy Sci-Data, which lead me to becoming a super-rich.

I play for two years, by the way.
Cash is a really ooRP thing, much like the process of shipbuilding.

Honestly, I think the price of everything in the game really needs a tweak. Both for economy and lore reasons.
Pages: 1 2 3