Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Quick Event: Midnight Run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-22-2018, 01:49 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018, 01:37 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018, 01:34 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]But for that we need to find a solution where not everyone and their mother unites.

Good luck lol.

In the video I'll upload tonight you'll see at one point I got shot by LNS and Coalition caps together on my Rogue, all because nobody else was willing to shoot the liner. Almost everyone wanted to be the nice guy and protect the convoy which is why we end up with such ooRP scenarios. Without NPC help I wouldn't have managed to blow up the runner, we need more bad guys for these events.

I admit, I chose a lawful and protect the runner, because I wanted it to dock somewhere, so I could buy things from it.

Bad choice apparently, should have gone the Rogue bomber route...

That being said, to me it seemed like there was tons of unlawfuls, combined with NPCs, the runner did not have a chance.
There was literally one Unlawful that did anything. And he was ignored the entire time by everyone.
(04-22-2018, 01:56 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]I don't suppose the next event could be at a time more friendly to folks here in the U.S.? This event was announced and took place all between 2-5 AM and 5-8 AM, depending on your time zone. That's while most people would either A: Be asleep or B: Working the graveyard shift.

I don't like to be "that guy" who complains, but most of the events that take place seem to cater towards those in European time zones. I'm not rich, so buying Sci-Data is out of the question, and thus my alternative would be to attend events. But, how am I to attend if they all happen while I'm asleep or at work?

i feel you. a lot of events are made for the majority and the majority are in europe. i miss a lot of events and pews but what can you do. oh well
(04-22-2018, 01:34 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]But for that we need to find a solution where not everyone and their mother unites.

Good luck lol.

In the video I'll upload tonight you'll see at one point I got shot by LNS and Coalition caps together on my Rogue, all because nobody else was willing to shoot the liner. Almost everyone wanted to be the nice guy and protect the convoy which is why we end up with such ooRP scenarios. Without NPC help I wouldn't have managed to blow up the runner, we need more bad guys for these events.

Im dont wanted be a good guy honestly. We just have this line "CANNOT SHOOT IN TRANSPORTS". And this is just freelancer transport. Cannot engage it.

For us all the sides was same. Rogues and hackers showed same hostility-level to us as the Liberty forces. Even with Core much easier decide to cease fire. So this is why im hestitated long. But shoot cultist cruiser - this is a deal. This is what we definitely can shoot inRP.
(04-22-2018, 01:56 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck lol.

I'd rather say we need more people actually playing their own roles.

I would gladly assault Midnight Runner with that Coalition BCR especially since SCEC RP is basically about getting scidata by any means, but 1) Coalition ID does not allow attacking transports; 2) We were veeeery away from home and in-RP unfamiliar with all the relations beween factions while LR had previously attacked us. So I do agree here with Thyrzul and my SCEC buddy here: that was the only way for the Coalition to engage in the event (well, except for trying to steal the data from the cloak).

At any rate - kudos to everyone, that was fun. Those CD in the end even made me sad Sad
I know the lane hackers turned up not in force through in the early phase anyway I was there as a cloaked freelancer I didn't want to get involved
Oh damn, now i see, this is just gardarik start attacking rogue without command, while im hesistated about not much clear situation Big Grin (thinked this was Mac)
(04-23-2018, 12:47 AM)Anton Okunev Wrote: [ -> ]Oh damn, now i see, this is just gardarik start attacking rogue without command, while im hesistated about not much clear situation Big Grin (thinked this was Mac)

Well, I was incented to do so by both Midnight Runner and the lawfuls around as well as by the Gaian who said that whatever LR loot out of Midnight Runner will eventually used against us. In terms of the RP it made sense. Besides, I warned in chat I was going to engage. Yet, it all worked out eventually and given my 250+ ping I could even fight much.
(04-22-2018, 01:34 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all up for more ideas. I think the amount of enemy npc's needs to be reduced too. Especially the strong ones. But for that we need to find a solution where not everyone and their mother unites.

What about Generic Pirate PvE NPCs? Everyone in the galaxy seems to want to team up against the "Evil Cultist Super Menace," but if you instead offered up a set of fellow ransacking individuals coming together to loot and pillage, odds are some of the local pirates might want to support them (If only to go "Okay, yeah, you're on our turf. Share and share alike, 'ya dig?).

Then what you could do is thus: Players wanting to shoot the pirates get Sci-Data drops as per usual; kill and tractor in loot. But, if players instead opt to help the pirates, any who assist would receive a lump sum of Sci-Data from an Admin-controlled ship once the event concludes, if the pirates win.

This way, you offer two methods of obtaining Sci-Data for an event, with the more appealing one (The lump sum) being offered to the bad guys, which seem to be sorely needed during PvE events.

Also, please, please please set up some PvE events that cater to those not in Europe. I am desperate for an event that doesn't take place while I'm sleeping or at work!

As for what ships these Pirate NPCs could use, I would recommend possibly either the now-recycled LWB or RoS ships and weapons for fighters/bombers, or perhaps even both to give them a rag-tag feel. Mix in some Rheinland Pirate Cruisers and Montantes for good measure. Perhaps a uniquely-pirate-skinned, stolen battleship or battlecruiser would make for a good Admin-controlled NPC event ship instead of using a Bustard? You know, to make it feel different from the Cultists.

Or even an Osiris could work - Those things are old and have been in multiple faction hands and seen a lot of combat. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of pirates make their way into Omicron Minor to tow off the hull of the Isis and patch it up into workable usability. . .

Maybe give them Pelicans sporting Charons and Firestalkers. Or Voyagers toting LWB Destroyers and Hades Pulse Cannons.
Pages: 1 2 3