Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DiscoveryGC ID Overhaul - Official & Independent [Arioch's Proposal]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Arioch's Proposal on ID Overhaul

Started lots of months ago by former Administrator unfortunately he never found enough time to complete a full overhaul of DiscoveryGC identifications.

Thanks to who supplied me with FLHook ID descriptions, we can finish this project.

Please check the spoilers and provide us with any comments or feedback. Double-checking is important considering it's a 300K document. Furthermore, the bulletin points will have in-game reduced font size to increase their readability. Here is a quick summary of what we changed:

Changes
- Standardized rule descriptions and phrasing.
- Divided the IDs based on where you can do each thing.
- Fixed grammar mistakes and removed outdated events (Lib-Rhein war).
- Fixed loopholes or stuff that were missing out from IDs and could get you sanctioned.

Goals
- Simplify as much as possible.
- Avoid sanctions which can be avoided by a better understanding of your ID.
- Clarifying confusing subjects (which even veterans thought wrong) like being allowed to smuggle on lawful IDs.
- The ID info from this thread could be used to make Tutorials or update Discovery wiki.
- Some information may be redundant to an experienced player but is definitely valuable for a new player.

This thread is not to request faction perks. But if you think you have a suggestion to fix a loophole, then please let us know.

Official Factions

Important Comments
- Checking the files it appears MRG| is using plain indie GRN ID. If the leadership wishes, I can add to this post a player faction ID for you with a custom description and an attached logo.
- I also removed from Alster Union ID the "Allowed ships: Battleships (limited)" as it is prone to abuse. Aren't your Battleships equipped with SRP ID?

Important Comments
- GC| ID description speaks about the Sisterhood of Dreams. You want a new description I assume? (and faction logo)

Important Comments
- SCRA ID has a line that says "- May retrieve data." I removed it as it made little sense. However if through this line you get extra permissions please let me know which ones these are. For the record, spying on foreign Houses and collecting information is not against server rules for any normal ID.
- Custodi ID has no faction logo. If you want, send me the logo to attach it in this post.

Independent Factions

Other changes:
- Removed from ALG/[ALG] IDs the line about Liberty lawfuls since the Houses are no longer at war.
- Fixed BAF/BPA IDs and now clearly state that they can ally with unlawfuls while fighting Gallic lawfuls (such as with Council or Gaians) or against Corsairs (such as Mollys where it is also explicitly mentioned in their ID).
- Fixed BDM| ID describing it as lawful while it should be quasi-lawful.
- Removed from BMF- ID this line "- Can engage in piracy against GMS in Taus and Omegas only" as they can pirate them Sirius-wide already by making use of another line.
- Standardized from Core| ID the protection line which currently does not mention ZoI and is prone to abuse.
- Because Council ID is identified as an unlawful ID, the exception "Can ally with Council" has been added to Liberty IDs and a few more. IMG for example would ally with Council in a fight against the Outcasts, which unbeknown to most players is currently against the rules.
- Changed =CR= ID references from Colonial Republic to Crayter Republic.
- Added to GC indie the Sigma-59 where they have a station there.
- Because IMG ID is identified as a lawful ID, the exception "Can ally with IMG" has been added into a few unlawful IDs which have strong lore connection of cooperation with the aforementioned faction. Hessians for example would ally with IMG in a fight against the Corsairs or DHC, which unbeknown to most players is currently against the rules for both sides.
- Removed from [LN] and 5th ID this line "- May engage Separatist LSF within Alaska".
- Removed from =LSF= this line "May engage [LN] Liberty Navy and 5th| Liberty Navy Fleet within Alaska".
- Added on LSF/=LSF= ID a missing attack line for non-transport attacks outside ZoI which all Intelligence IDs already have.
- Fixed =LSF= ID describing it as lawful while it should be quasi-lawful.
- Removed from Order/Order| ID this line "- Can demand Nomad equipment" as it is redundant because it is already mentioned in an even less restrictive line/manner.
- Removed from Recruit ID the Connecticut restriction as it is highly inconvenient to not be able to get your ID there from your friend + no room for abuse.
- Removed from RH indie ID a relic from Rheinland-Liberty war and two more tweaks about lawfuls with which they can ally with.
- Removed from [RW] ID the false statement that they're at war with Liberty.
- Removed from UN indie ID the false statement they cooperate with the Red Hessians.
- Other changes made after receiving feedback in this thread.
My two cents:

This is better than when the Staff did it because it's impartial and simply an attempt at restructuring IDs without randomly taking and adding things to them. I.e last time they gave the BHG ID ZoI and took Omegas from The Core ID. So you get my applause. Although some IDs are missing things (like HF and Vespucci and I'm assuming that's an oversight rather than you making a creative decision). Welp might be wrong about that, but I feel like it's not deliberate.

However, I really don't know if the proposed format in this thread is the change IDs need.

One last thing: Core indie and Official ID is allowed to ally with unlawfuls/enemies. It's one of the perks of being lawful evil. On another note, I also put in a request to revamp the ID a while back so that may affect this, so perhaps it'd be wise to delist the ID from here until I hear back from the Staff.
When we start to drop comments here already:

Concerning both GC IDs. We have a base in S-59, that's why we got ZoI there added. Sigma-19 is covered through the "systems bordering Kusari" already.
Concerning the official GC ID. Logo wasn't a focus, it's unimportant cosmetic. What you see there is already the new infocard which for some reason was cut in the middle and thus currently indeed makes no sense.

EDIT: also lol, stop trying to sneak us cruiser access XD
Unless you can reduce the number of words required to express the allowances and disallowances of the IDs, all of these "id reworks" can be written off as worse than what we already have. This is exactly that.

/thread
Considering many people think this is a definite update. It is not. It is a proposal I didn't even check myself yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7