Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Model Request] - GC Gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, hello. Unexpected, isn't it?
After longterm discussions within the faction, we came to the conclusion that we should give it a try and see if anyone is willing to try themselves at a GB model for us. I am not a fan of much words, so here are the very few requirements it should fulfill.

1. Color and style wise it should fit to the existing GC shipline, while more leant towards the Orchid than the Blossom. The GB's name would be "Lotus", that alone might help a little. Besides this, you have a lot of freedom in terms of creativity concerning its shape etc.

2. It should be modelled to be usable as a light Gunboat in the end, so nothing too bulky.
3. If you want a compensation for your time and efforts, this can be discussed privately during the whole progress.

4. I don't have a set time limit or anything, if you are interested just show up and work on it in your own pace. (Naturally this does not mean anyone would want to wait for a year or more but you hopefully get what I mean.)

5. Looking forward to your ideas! (sun)

And I already want to thank whoever shows interest in advance, having seen a bit of the mess around models and modellers in the past, it is just heavily appreciated that some of you still stick to us, obviously it's just as cool to see new modellers trying things out!

That's all from my side, when there are questions requiring clarification, either drop them here or in pms/skype/discord/love letter sent to my adress.
(sun)
As a suggestion to both you and whomever you get to model it: if I'm not mistaken, much of the GC's technology is based on a combination of borrowed, gifted, and traded Outcast/Blood Dragon technology. Given this, incorporating that in some way to either the model or the infocard (or both) would go a long way to fleshing out the ship a just that little bit more.

Edit: Whoops.
Edit2: A big and wonderful thankyou to whichever staff member changed over my post's account. <3
(04-23-2018, 07:44 PM)Amalfi Directorate Wrote: [ -> ]As a suggestion to both you and whomever you get to model it: if I'm not mistaken, much of the GC's technology is based on a combination of borrowed, gifted, and traded Outcast/Blood Dragon technology. Given this, incorporating that in some way to either the model or the infocard (or both) would go a long way to fleshing out the ship a just that little bit more.

Edit: Whoops.

Good point. Could also be added that there is a tendency to lean towards KNF in terms of functionality, see Orchid. More of an infocard matter but possibly an additional point for a modeller to orientate themselves with, yeah. Thanks a lot for the addition.
I am not sure but is this really needed? I mean GC can use Dragons GB and they are not really big enogth to have an own one. And GC and BD are very closely.
Since the removing of Tau-65 (the only "cool" guard system that was removed) the GC does not have a shipyard anymore, and their should not be any bigger vessles for any fraction without a shipyard (I know LH, GB, Gaians and BHG have no shipyard either).
(04-23-2018, 08:08 PM)misterich Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure but is this really needed? I mean GC can use Dragons GB and they are not really big enogth to have an own one. And GC and BD are very closely.
Since the removing of Tau-65 (the only "cool" guard system that was removed) the GC does not have a shipyard anymore, and their should not be any bigger vessles for any fraction without a shipyard (I know LH, GB, Gaians and BHG have no shipyard either).

I dunno about the LH and GB, but the Gaians have a drydock on Torshavn, and the BHG ships are built by AP Manufacturing, so these are most likely manufactured alongside Core stuff in the Deep omicrons. Besides, BHG could contract civilan contractors like Baltimore to manufacture their ships. Same goes for the GC and their relations to the Blood Dragons, the LH and their relations to the Rogues, and GB with their ties to the Council.
(04-23-2018, 08:54 PM)Caelumaresh (Thomas) Wrote: [ -> ]but the Gaians have a drydock on Torshavn
I have updated the picture for this station at Feb. I do not think the last patch change anything on it and I cannot see one there.
https://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/e/ea...e_Port.jpg
I can see there: 2 solar panels, a round zylinder thing in the middle, a dockingport for figthers and onw for transporters under the round tylinder.

(04-23-2018, 08:54 PM)Caelumaresh (Thomas) Wrote: [ -> ]BHG ships are built by AP Manufacturing
Do they? I thought Core and BHG broke away from each other since the founding of the Imperium Omicronis so the shipyard there is an imperial shipyard in my eyes now.

(04-23-2018, 08:54 PM)Caelumaresh (Thomas) Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, BHG could contract civilan contractors like Baltimore to manufacture their ships.
I am not sure if any fraction would like to give blueprints of their warships to any civilian.

(04-23-2018, 08:54 PM)Caelumaresh (Thomas) Wrote: [ -> ]Same goes for the GC and their relations to the Blood Dragons, the LH and their relations to the Rogues, and GB with their ties to the Council.

Ok, here you may have a point; but I could think that these shipyards are on their limits for their own fraction. Building ships need a lot of resources and only a few fraction are able to get as much. Because of this I support that for example Xenos have no own ships; they are to small to produce own ones, but they can buy civilian or allied one. Ok it is unfair that Xenos ID forbide the GB for them but that is another building site.
This is not really a discussion thread about the validation of this request or not. This would be left to the staff teams to decide upon.
Your arguments are not really valid anyways, besides the fact that we could use the BD GB. Our own one would be to fill a non-complete shipline but also another step towards GC's course of less dependancy on their allies.

Also, bumperino!