Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Custom Shields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I am trying to create my own shield for my SP modification. I am using same method as for creating custom weapons which is working perfectly but in case of shields i have no luck and shields is not ingame nor in FLSTAT.

I copied one of the entries for default Freelancer graviton shield, pasted it in the end of st_equip.ini, changed nickname and values as i wanted. Created new IDS name/info and paseted it into my entry.
Then i again copied one of the entries for default Freelancer graviton shield pasted it in the end of ST_GOOD.ini, changed nickname to use a new shield entry from st_equip.ini, used same ids_names/info as from st_equip ones and saved it all. (completely same steps as for custom weapons <weapon_equip.ini, weapon_good.ini> )
.........and there is a problem. Flstat cannot find my custom shield. There is no need to set which base will sell that shield if its entry is not even in Flstat. What am i doing wrong please?
Should i edit st_equip.ini.flmmbak too? If so how please? There is no "tutorial" for shield on the net (strange right? Big Grin )

I am really lost. Custom shield is really ONLY item which i cannot make custom one....

Thank you!!
Did you enable blank entries? Considering there's no buy point
(04-24-2018, 09:59 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Did you enable blank entries? Considering there's no buy point

I enabled Blank items as you said and i see my "shield" in FLstat...why is shield only item which can be shown only by enabling this? When i created custom weapon, thrusters, missiles etc i didnt have to enabled Blank items to see those in Flstat. And second question. If its visible via "enable blank items" can i continue with adding custom shield to market to make it buyable?

BTW thank you very much!!! Smile
It's easy: take any regular shield and make the same for custom.

st_equip.ini
Code:
[ShieldGenerator]
nickname = customshield01_mark01_lf
blah... blah... blah...

st_good.ini
Code:
[Good]
nickname = customshield01_mark01_lf
equipment = customshield01_mark01_lf
category = equipment
blah... blah... blah...