Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Devs look inside, post Nr 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, peeps.
Ever since at around two weeks ago I've been having an issue where the server cuts my connection a few moments after I undock. I am trying to figure out if this is an issue for other players right now. And no, my connection doesn't go through russian nodes.
It SEEMS to be an issue with the new undocks. I've noticed it happening too. Invergordon was kinda clingy today, and I'm not sure what triggers it.
Hi! It happens to me too sometimes. I usually handle it by restarting my modem.
Me too, but only one day, and at that moment the only way to undock was in conn (idk why)
Alright, another issue is that my framerate seems to be capped by something at around 144-143 and it is causing huge amount of stuttering. I used to be capping the framerate at 155 with dxtory or riva tuner and everything was fine, but now the game is doing it for me and it causes issues. Also, for some reason it still has all-core allocation disabled for the exe and it puts it on my core 1 and goddamn pegs it https://i.imgur.com/HhADa1s.png

My PC is literally throttling itself because the OS is not allowed to assign it to a less used core anymore. I have to open task manager and set it manually to be ran on any core.
I have no clue what you guys did in one of your unannounced patches but if you don't goddamn know what you are doing, stop touching it. Nobody asked for this stupidity.
We think we know what might be causing the undocking and FPS problems and are looking into it

Why does the subject say 'post Nr 5'?
(04-25-2018, 11:13 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, another issue is that my framerate seems to be capped by something at around 144-143

Oh god, really? I started having the same issue a few days ago. I always ran 154 fps, but now its 154 in the menus but once I log a character it ALWAYS caps itself at exactly 143 or exactly 100.
(04-25-2018, 11:13 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Also, for some reason it still has all-core allocation disabled for the exe and it puts it on my core 1 and goddamn pegs it https://i.imgur.com/HhADa1s.png

A clock rate graph is useless for troubleshooting your problem. Usage and wait state graphs are what I would need.

Quote:My PC is literally throttling itself because the OS is not allowed to assign it to a less used core anymore.

Clock drops point to single-core thermal throttling. Check your temperatures?

Quote:I have no clue what you guys did in one of your unannounced patches but if you don't goddamn know what you are doing, stop touching it. Nobody asked for this stupidity.

My primary concern at this point is debugging the docking related crashes but I am having a hell of a time trying to reproduce them and since I don't have access to the server itself for what should be clearly obvious reasons, I can't just start debugging the disconnects from the server end of things.
Does spamming F10 during undock loading help? (This was the old school insta-undock)