Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Announcement from the Confederation of Freeports: coming to an end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Von_Co_F.png]

To my Zoner Brethren and the rest of Sirius.

I am contacting you all to announce that from this moment forward, the Confederartion of Freeports in its present state is to be dissolved.

Its a decision I have battled with for some months now but I am positive this is the right move going forwards.

The Confederation had become the very thing that Zoner's as a whole wished to leave behind when they left house space, it had become a de facto governing body for Zoner's even ending up as one for those who weren't even part of it. Anything to do with our people ended up on our doorstep, every incident, every wayward captain, diplomatic matters between factions, the call of war, it was put onto the Confederations shoulders by the denizens of Sirius. And we took it on, the Confederation took to that role to try and manage the vast branches and intricacies that make up the Zoner people.

And we failed, the loss of Freeport 2, the disappearance of Dr Erzie, the Entire Omicron Delta Conflict to name some. But the biggest failing was to think that we could offer any sort of governance over a people who are so spread out with an even larger variety of goals, ways of being and there own relationships amongst the other residents of Sirius, its an impossible task.

The Zoner's are as different as they are the same, we all follow the same ideal yet in entirely different ways, some are traders, others are researchers, some reside in Bretonia, others as far as Galia, all Zoners, but all different.

What does this mean?
Not a lot in many ways, all the Freeport Administrators will remain in control as they always have, the factions are still in charge of their respective Stations and ZOI's, the big difference is the Confederation will no long have a presence, it will be up to the relevant factions and station owners to establish their Diplomacy, any combat forces and trade contracts. It will be up to them to dictate if they have a No fire Zone how large it is and its enforcement.

Reports and issues made about Zoners will no longer be addressed by the Confederation and instead needs to be directed to the relevant faction or Freeport Administrator in the area. Problems in Omega 49 for example can be directed to OSI.

I do Invite Freeport Administrators who may feel that the net of the Confederation is quite a loss to apply to one of the established Zoner factions such as OSI and IRG if they feel the need.

The Confederation in my eyes should have been a resource, a support network for Administrators and factions so that the wayward lifestyle that Zoner's enjoy shouldn't mean we are splintered from one another. Its purpose became twisted into what it became and such it must be dissolved.

It is with a heavy heart that I make this, my last communication as Leader of the Confederation of Freeport's, but I have been honoured and proud to be the head of it for as long as I have, I have seen it through some good times, and some very rough times but I have always seen the Best of the people I call family in the Zoners.
Any questions of course I can still be contacted but as I say this is the last time I will be sending a message as part of the Confederation.

Jerard Voncloud

[Image: i_Xq_Arp_E.gif]
[Image: RRIeQCU.png]

Mr. Voncloud,

As a fiercely independent organisation, The Guild has always understood and been sympathetic to the Zoner way of life. We trust this decision will be the best way forward for all Zoners in Sirius and wish best fortunes on all of you.

Cordially,

Keiji Namura

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Nathan Archos
»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: CoF Disbandment
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Jerard Voncloud,

The Core is devastated to hear this sudden news. In the wake of this decision we will continue to support your legacy, and secure the sovereignty and safety for the Zoner populace in the Edge Worlds.

-N. Archos
Supreme Guildkeeper, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]