Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [BREAKING] Core signs Major Contract with Universal Shipping Inc!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BREAKING NEWS

[Image: YIzA476.png][Image: 20110920060754%21USI_Logo.png]

Good day everyone, this is Susan Jameson from LNC Business News!

We are interrupting our program to connect with Trenton Outpost where a major agreement was signed and sent the markets rallying, with the main focus on the APM stock. Our reporter David Ebenstein is there but let's hear first from Nicole Burton, on behalf of Universal Shipping Incorporated.

Nicole Burton: "Today is an important moment not only for our corporation but also for the future of the Edge Worlds. Today we signed a major shipping contract with the Core. Libertonian technological, agricultural and industrial products will be delivered with great efficiency and in very low prices to every Core installation.

We all know how uncivilized and barbaric the Edge Worlds are. The cost of quality living in those places is extremely high but the most worrying thing is that you have to live with a constant fear from criminals, terrorists and all sorts of villains.

Fortunately we are making a huge step forward in this day. The Core is the unquestionable authority in the Omicrons. Every day they are placing their lives into constant danger -- in fact Guildkeeper Daniels was showing me the other day some statistics in which the mortality rate in a typical day in the Omicrons is even higher than the most bloody battlefield in California or New London. With this contract, we ensure, standardize and mass-deliver the resources that the Core needs in order to restore order, peace and prosperity in this undeveloped and fragile region.

This is not an easy undertaking considering the Edge Worlds lack any sort of infrastructure, such as Jump Gates, Trade Lanes, modern storage depots and strong military presence. But we are confident that we can undercome these issues and deliver Liberty's products exclusively. We have worked closely with the Department of Commerce all this time in order to ensure that the greatest benefactor of this contract with be the Libertonian worker, farmer and developer.

David Ebenstein: Miss Burton, what will Liberty import from the Edge Worlds? We are certain you are not going to return empty-handed from those long travels.

Nicole Burton: "Of course not. We are going to bring Iridium and many other extremely rare and valuable minerals which are abundant in this region. Interspace Commerce has done similar research years ago when they purchased the majority of APM stock."

David Ebenstein: "Has Interspace Commerce influenced the negotiations? Have they pressured Universal Shipping to support their investment?"

Nicole Burton: "I am not going to answer that."

David Ebenstein: "What about Rheinland? We know that Rheinland is aggressively trying to expand into the Omicrons with little success so far. Is this Liberty's response? By... strengthening the Core's position?"

Nicole Burton: "I will leave Guildkeeper Daniels to answer this question."

Jack Daniels: That is an excellent question. First of all, I'd like to make one thing crystal clear. We at the Core try to avoid taking sides in conventional wars between the houses. We are very much against that. Waging war on "The Order" terrorists, The Outcasts and the Corsair empire, that's a different story. It's what we do best. With this logistical alliance, we hope to boost our efficiency even more.
Believe it or not, basic things like food and water are sometimes very hard to come by in the Omicrons. As for medicine, it's a luxury. However, The Core has established multiple clinics on Planet Nauru and we're doing our very best to keep the people healthy. I'm very proud to announce that we indeed have the best healthcare in the entire Edge Worlds Sector. But I digress. As Ms. Burton said, this will benefit both the Core and the house of Liberty. I don't have to tell you how important Iridium is. You can't have advanced technology without it. Fortunately, we have plenty and we're more than happy to trade it. Are there any other questions I can answer for you?

Not a moment after Daniels finished his sentence a couple more journalists raised their hands and started shouting their questions at the same time to the Guildkeeper.

David Ebenstein: Guildkeeper Daniels, what's the situation after your recent NEMP attack in Omicron Delta system? What's the Order's response?

Claire Owens: "What did Interspace Commerce say about this contract? Will APM get involved?"

Isiru Tsiojaki: "Will the Core now have the tools and resources it needs in order to finally tip the balance in its favor? Do we have any news from the Guildmaster?"

Jack Daniels: Ah, that's a good question. The Order's response has been rather lacking, actually. Apart from two space superiority fighters, there is no trace of their primary fleet. As for their secondary, they are vastly unorganized and we've been mopping them up throughout the system. However, plenty of people are shipping supplies for them, including but not limited to Unioners, Lane Hackers, The Coalition and other assorted smugglers.

And Ms Owens, I can assure you, no corporation will be wronged by this contract. Be it Interspace Commerce or someone else. Our goal is to move forwards, not backwards. As for the Advanced Production And Manufacturing, this contract was inspected by them and they approved it. I had Ms Rayne, who is currently the acting CEO of the company, sign it personally. As expected by someone of our caliber, we will continue to keep things completely transparent.

Ah, another excellent question. No matter how much resources we get, it's good to keep in mind that we are fighting on multiple fronts. We have the Order, the Coalition, The Corsairs as a primary concern. Then there's the outcasts which often come to Delta with the sole purpose of exterminating any and all non-nomad contacts. And yes, I've said it. Nomads. Murderous biological machines, hell bent on destroying civilization as we know it. They have their own pawns, as well. Infected humans fighting against their will and against their own kind.
Those things, they are only a portion of the horrors in the Edge Worlds, but luckily, our Guildmaster, Nathan Archos has been fighting alongside us for the past few days. He has chosen the Moorwen, one of our finest Makos, as his vessel. Even as we speak, he's on a combat mission in Omicron Delta. No matter what the cost, we will continue to be the bulwark that protects humanity against the alien threat. Gloria Aeterna!

Daniels' comments about the aliens caused a ruckus in the conference room, a highly sensitive topic. Nicole who looked sideways in disapproval when Daniels said that, did everything she could in order to deescalate the barrage of questions. Claire from IC News noticed the USI representative's temporary tension.

Nicole Burton: I will allow one final question. After the conference you will have enough of time to ask us as many questions as you want in the gala. Plenty of food too. Okay the journalist from IC News, one question please.

Claire Owens: "Mr Daniels, is it true the negotiations started in the Omicrons? How well do you know Ms Burton?"

All looks fell on Nicole first but she kept a neutral face while hoping Jack would not be that stupid.

Jack Daniels: Ah, yes. That's an interesting story. So, here I am, running an op in the deep omicrons, when my comm lights up with all the fancy lights. Turns out, there was someone important coming our way. A chance I couldn't simply miss. A few moments later, I was already into Hyperspace. Imagine my surprise when I saw an Universal Shipping vessel right outside Alabama Shipyards. Of course, despite my crippling shock, I invited their representative on board my vessel, the Perditrix. We had a nice long chat and there were some very, very heated discussions. We had to...dress down the contract a bit. We were close...to not agreeing on a few things, but in the end, we clinked...our glasses. As for how well I know Ms Burton... well, we've made acquaintance fairly recently. Furthermore, we've been in the same room for no longer than four hours, approx. Although, a lot can happen in four hours, we exchanged...ideas. And we aggressively negotiated on the terms of our agreement. The only thing I'm certain about is the fact we have a very similar taste in clothing and we both appreciate shirts of the highest quality.
Thank you for your questions, ladies and gentlemen, but I must return to my post. There is a war going on and my men and women need me.