Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Model Request] GRN Carrier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

after talking with GRN indies and MRG members about the GRN shipline in comparison with the other factions we decided to request a Carrier to fill the gap between the gallic lawful factions and other factions of Sirius. As it stands now, GRN is one of the few factions without a second battleship, as a House it is rather weird not to have a second one when many minor faction like the CR have 2 types. With the implementation of the drones this gives an additional gap in combat ability towards the opposing factions.
Also we hope to encourage more players to play as GRN or Council. The GRN stands alone and cannot rely on other faction's ships since Gallia has no allies.
These were the main reasons for requesting the Carrier.

We would like a Carrier with a general shape similar to the other ships of the GRN capline, a rather flat design. In the most preferred case this ship would be a heavy carrier.

If desired, we are ready to forward a sum to repay the effort.

We'd like to hear about your ideas! May Ramke le Roi be with us!
Why not a light battleship? InRP the Valor is a heavy dreadnought but also a carrier, a light BS would make more sense both inRP and ooRP (you don't need 2 heavy battleships, while having a light and a heavy is nice).
(04-30-2018, 11:17 AM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Why not a light battleship? InRP the Valor is a heavy dreadnought but also a carrier, a light BS would make more sense both inRP and ooRP (you don't need 2 heavy battleships, while having a light and a heavy is nice).

You're very wrong, the valor is a light battlebip, sometimes appearances can be deceptive.
The reason is that Carriers are not going to be like either of them, but their own class. They will never have the firepower of either a light or a heavy battleship. Since they are supposed to launch drones from range, why not simply take the opportunity and get a heavy carrier that can launch heavier drones? If Carriers were like battleships, (4 heavies a heavy carrier, 3 heavies a medium carrier, 2 heavies a light carrier) we would ofcourse request a light battleship Carrier. But with the drone bays the heavies will be removed and only primaries will stay, hit points will be decreased. There is no use of a light carrier that will die to battleships of any kind that get in fire range. A heavy carrier, defended by heavy battleships, launching heavy drones behind the Valors is just more useful.
Also the Valor is already capable of fighting any BS-Class. No need for a light one.

And most important: Because of POMP.
(04-30-2018, 11:35 AM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]You're very wrong, the valor is a light battlebip, sometimes appearances can be deceptive.

Valor infocard Wrote:Gun/Turret Mounts: 1/20
Base Armor: 2500000
Cargo Space: 1800
Power Output: 300000/9000000

You wanna run this one by me again?
jess was making light of the fact that the valor is a heavy bs but can dodge as good as a med bs because of its shape
(04-30-2018, 11:48 AM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]jess was making light of the fact that the valor is a heavy bs but can dodge as good as a med bs because of its shape

not in all circumstances
In translation, not when you are flying it Smile
Thunderer is a salty, toxic and absolutely harmful player for the server. For the sake of the future of this Server, please ban him indefinitely.
He's been trying to troll me for years and he always gave me the bother of returning the favor.

Also the reason he is like that is because I am more skilled than him. I am innocent!

PS. dis aint flood homie. Play Halo if u want flood.
Agreed with everything. Emphasis on your innocence.
Pages: 1 2