Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Massive FPS drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I've recently started experiencing serious FPS drops randomly during flight, they last anywhere between 30 seconds to 10 minutes and cripples gameplay completely. It goes down to 2-10FPS (I can't really judge FPS correctly but it's like watching a rapidly moving slide rather than a game)

Would anyone know what kind of troubleshooting methods I could use to try and fix this? Could this be caused by the game itself? Does anyone else have this issue?

Trivia for background:
- This is the same install as it was over a year ago. The issues started popping up after the last 2 updates.
- It seems to start randomly, but sometimes starts right after I press a button (F3 to dock)
- It happens without encountering players, but seems to be a lot more active when in active combat.
- Docking and undocking /sometimes/ fixes it. The loading screen bar is animated super smooth so it's fine during loading.
- I have not installed anything suspicious, my computer barely went through changes basically.
- I'm using Win10 (against my will...) and haven't had these issues before. It's worth noting that it was updated a few times recently.
- I cap my FPS via Nvidia Inspector, and it has never failed me before and hasn't been updated since first installing.
- This is exclusive to Freelancer. I do not have similar issues with any other game or program.

Edit: It was Geforce Experience's ingame UI. I've disabled this and issues were fixed.
What's your processor usage like during gameplay?
Which ships do you use and did you use pimpship on them?
(04-30-2018, 09:47 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]What's your processor usage like during gameplay?

34%
(04-30-2018, 09:49 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Which ships do you use and did you use pimpship on them?

So far I've had issues with all the ships I've logged - all standard loadout (Rogue LF, GRN VHF, GRN BMB, Vache)
(04-30-2018, 09:52 PM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]34%

Do you have anything like a graph that shows the performance of each core during gameplay?
[Image: ERbmVFO.png]

This is the transition between not-lagging to lagging. The dip at the end is me alt-tabbing out of the game.

So basically, no change.
What graphics card do you have and do you have the Nvidia 3D Vision drivers installed?
(04-30-2018, 10:26 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]What graphics card do you have and do you have the Nvidia 3D Vision drivers installed?

I use GeForce GTX 1060, I have drivers up-to-date but I'm unsure about 3D Vision specifically. Unless GeForce Experience installs them alongside normal drivers (which I haven't done recently, to mention)

Edit: I have Intel i5-7500, 8GB RAM also

Edit Edit: I've updated my drivers, scanned my PC via 2 antivirus/malware programs. I'm going to see if it helps.
I have the exact same issue on my PC. It was fine for a while, then started doing these lovely 6-10 fps drops, every 30 mins or so. I got a GTX 1060 too.
3D Vision is packed in with the express install for drivers. Do a driver reinstall, but do custom instead of express and make sure 3D Vision isn't checked in the list of things to install.
Pages: 1 2