Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Military Salvage and Premium Scrap destinations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, so off the bat I want to clarify I love that Military Salvage is a thing, however, what I do not like is its sell points being more or less the same as Premium Scrap. So I have suggestion (Which I was under the impression was the original plan)

Premium Scrap:

Valetta
Tripoli
Chalons-En-Champagne
Sprauge

Military Salvage:

Calais Research Facility
Mykolaiv Research Station
Alexandria Research Station
Southampton Shipyard

Logic:

Premium Scrap would go to Groups/Organizations who may be in need of cheap but effective construction materials (Outcasts/Corsairs/Council/War-Torn Bretonia)

Meanwhile Military Salvage would go to groups with a vested interest in researching house military tech specifically Liberty and Rheinland Lawful tech. ( Gallia/Coalition/Order/War-torn Bretonia) in the case of Bretonia I see them utilizing this technology to repair any ships they have from Liberty more-so then trying to reverse engineer the ships.

By doing this we move away from Military Salvage being a carbon copy of Premium scrap while also opening the door for unique possible Role Play between many groups. Additionally with the two sell points in Gallia it could encourage movement to there. thus sparking some activity in a historically painfully dead house.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Yes. Good idea.
Some good ideas here. As long as Vogtland doesn't stop buying pscrap.
A good proposition, I'd say. However it might run counter-productive to the fact that MilSalv. was implememnted as a commodity for Unioners to mine and trade (this is part of why theres the 2 Corsair sell points I think), and they wouldn't really be able to trade to most of those proposed stations
Whilst gallic sellpoints are always good, diversity of unlawful routes is important. If there's ever a speculative time Unioners and Hessians are hostile to one another, the route suddenly doesn't work for Unioners.

It's also there to serve an RP function: In vanilla Unioners did not participate in the Hispanic civil war, but that's really hard to enforce in the game unless you have something of RP value to both sides, or are a Junker, or a Zoner.
I like it that you think about that, but :

Military salvages are remains off a War. Why would research station want "scrap" from old Ships when they already have more advanced stuff?
Sell points in Gallia sure maybe 1 for lawfulls and 1 for unlawfulls. But that will not bring Gallia back, sadly.

Prem Scrap for the Corsairs, Salvage for the Outcasts, that should stay, I mean there is already roleplay about the Military Salvage. Now moving the sellpoints like that would destroy that.

I would say keep the sellpoints and prices like they are right now but add some more. Gallia, Mykolaiv Research Station, Alexandria Research Station for example.
(05-05-2018, 06:07 AM)Neraxon Wrote: [ -> ]I like it that you think about that, but :

Military salvages are remains off a War. Why would research station want "scrap" from old Ships when they already have more advanced stuff?
Sell points in Gallia sure maybe 1 for lawfulls and 1 for unlawfulls. But that will not bring Gallia back, sadly.

Prem Scrap for the Corsairs, Salvage for the Outcasts, that should stay, I mean there is already roleplay about the Military Salvage. Now moving the sellpoints like that would destroy that.

I would say keep the sellpoints and prices like they are right now but add some more. Gallia, Mykolaiv Research Station, Alexandria Research Station for example.

P scrap for corsairs, Salvage for Outcasts, works pretty well to my point of view.
Can't speak for the other resources because I don't know them as well

But for p.scrap and military-salvage; it'd make more sense if p.scrap went to the corsairs and military salvage went to the outcasts or something-- simply that one specifically goes to one, and the other goes to the other- with decent sellprices on the other but not the best at both.

If that made sense...
(05-05-2018, 06:59 AM)Sciamach Wrote: [ -> ] Can't speak for the other resources because I don't know them as well

But for p.scrap and military-salvage; it'd make more sense if p.scrap went to the corsairs and military salvage went to the outcasts or something-- simply that one specifically goes to one, and the other goes to the other- with decent sellprices on the other but not the best at both.

If that made sense...

That is the current status.
(05-05-2018, 06:09 AM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2018, 06:07 AM)Neraxon Wrote: [ -> ]I like it that you think about that, but :

P scrap for corsairs, Salvage for Outcasts, works pretty well to my point of view.

1+