Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Turning the Nephilim into a Liner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: WPDYQl7.gif]

So, since the other thread is about Makos, lets have a separate discussion for Neph.

What I'd like to see the Neph like is:

(05-04-2018, 02:23 PM)Isha Wrote: [ -> ]+1 also make Mneph a liner with battleship shield and cruiser guns ==> problem solved

Basically an Liner, although with battleship shield and cruiser guns --> BS shield for some better durability, while the guns would scare snubs/gunboats away, well its big anyways + give it more docking module stolts. [Now when Conrad is working on them, they should be back in action sooner than later, I hope]
I'd also suggest some loss of its heaviest weaponry, along with boost of light turret ones.

Pros:
- No more Nephs in NomHeart
- It would fit the iRP role more than an actual dreadnought

Cons:
- Loss of an actual (fat) warship for Zoners, who have the Aquilon though
- Neph wouldn't be used as offensive platform anymore (well it's actually a + at the same time)

Note that it isn't flood.

(h5)
These threads come up all the time, and even though there's majority (or at least half) of the community supporting it, nothing ever gets done about it. *Shrug*
pardon my memory, there was a dev thread about this years ago and even included in the patch notes once i think. the neph was supposed to be replaced with a new model liner but i guess it never happend.
I just searched the amount of threads we have on this topic already. Karlotta wrote one, Kazinsai wrote one, Jinx already tried to remove caps from Zoners, it's slowly getting boring. I stick to my main argument:

If you take away the Nephilim or nerf it stupidly, it'd just result in more Ranseurs, then people would start complaining about Ranseurs in NomHeart and Ranseurs docking at FP11 and farming nomads. The indies who want to play the Nephilim at all cost take it because it is tanky and ideal for PvE and just want to shjote stuff until they realize there are better ships that can't be killed as easily as the Nephilim can be killed. Meanwhile, you'd take away something from the actual Zoners who know how to play the Neph (which in this case is only the IRG and a very, very, very few individuals). Leave it as it is. If it annoys you so much, kill them a few times and the player owning the Neph gets the idea.
(05-07-2018, 05:28 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I just searched the amount of threads we have on this topic already. Karlotta wrote one, Kazinsai wrote one, Jinx already tried to remove caps from Zoners, it's slowly getting boring. I stick to my main argument:

If you take away the Nephilim or nerf it stupidly, it'd just result in more Ranseurs, then people would start complaining about Ranseurs in NomHeart and Ranseurs docking at FP11 and farming nomads. The indies who want to play the Nephilim at all cost take it because it is tanky and ideal for PvE and just want to shjote stuff until they realize there are better ships that can't be killed as easily as the Nephilim can be killed. Meanwhile, you'd take away something from the actual Zoners who know how to play the Neph (which in this case is only the IRG and a very, very, very few individuals). Leave it as it is. If it annoys you so much, kill them a few times and the player owning the Neph gets the idea.

there is a difference between a neph and a outcast ransuer, the outcast ransuer will get shot at by 3 parties, corsairs, core, and order if they are seen farming so hence their activity will be hindered, you cant do anything to the nephs until you see them farming.
And where is that a problem? If they don't do anything wrong, they won't bother anyone.
The nephilim should be a colony ships, not a warship, not a liner. It should be able to survive a long time in space without assistance: it should be able to stock or generate oxygen, water, food and fuel. It should have a decent armor, shield and firepower to defend itself in deepspace. It should be able to maintain and repair itself.

However I recognize it is difficult to balance ingame the nephilim proprieties and prevent people to abuse the use of this ship.
Last time I brought this up there was 15 pages of screaming back and forth between sides and the tears of 50,000 Zoner marines were shed.

At this point just jump lock the thing to the Omicrons and be done with it.

Also delete the Aquilon because the Zoners don't need a fleet carrier.
(05-07-2018, 06:00 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]Last time I brought this up there was 15 pages of screaming back and forth between sides and the tears of 50,000 Zoner marines were shed.

At this point just jump lock the thing to the Omicrons and be done with it.

Also delete the Aquilon because the Zoners don't need a fleet carrier.

Zoners are pacifist, am I right bois?????????????ßß

It's those statements that kills my entire motivation to play anything zoner-related. Because nobody in those threads obviously ever read up on what Zoners actually are.
Zoners are people who left house space.

That's it.

That's all it has always been and all it should be.

The only Zoner groups -- which is a complex thing in and of itself -- which should be able to field anything even approaching the size of a Nephilim would be ones like the Consensus. And those wouldn't even be anything near warships. They'd be mobile freeports, capable of defending themselves from local nuisances.

If you seriously think that Zoner roleplay would be thrown in the trash without a heavy carrier and a dreadnought then maybe you should throw it in the trash and look back on what Zoners are supposed to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4