Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Automatic Rep-Fixing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, this is all from the broken rep chart thread (http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...31033&st=0) but is on the above topic and I just wanted to put it out there (Hope I'm not angering any moderators doing this...).

' Wrote:My other thought for reps is this, starting with the house rep of your choice. Right now everyone starts with a Liberty house rep. This is particularly annoying if you want to become say a Corsair Guard. It would be nice and work better RP wise if you could choose to start as a Libertonian, Bretonian, Kusari, Rheinlander, Corsair or Outcast. Although now that I think of it a civilian Corsair or Outcast really doesn't make much sense so maybe nix those. It might be nice if you could also start on the homeworld of that house. Of course then you would have to start all players at a higher level but I believe most people do that with money transfers most of the time anyway. Another downside is that it would make a lot of the lower level ships disappear. The real downside is of course it seems like this would be nearly impossible to do as it would require base code alteration both clientside and serverside to make it so the admins wouldnt have to do all the work. Although using commands and FLhook you might be able to do it so you autostart in NY and you get one chance to start elsewhere if you are lvl 1 (or whatever the new starting lvl is). Again I think this would be pretty tricky but I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

' Wrote:You see those two big planets out in the Omicrons? Malta and... box? barrel? Whatever the other one was. They'd almost have to have non-combatants just to keep the place running. So yes, they would have civillians.

' Wrote:yes, you are right, they would have civilians, but would those civilians be flying around in space?

' Wrote:Why wouldn't they?

I'm no expert on the Corsairs, but I think I'm qualified to say there's no reason Maltese civilians wouldn't hop into a Dagger and fly around Sirius if they could afford it. And since I'm not talking about slaves here, I'd have to say a good number of them could afford it.

' Wrote:This does raise some interesting questions for me:
Would a corsair civ have access to Military grade corsair technology?
Would a corsair civ have reason to fly around Sirus other than shooting enemies of the corsairs, pirating or performing other illegal activities (cause if they are doing any of those things they're not really a civ)?

The conclusion this brings me to is if spawning was allowed on Crete or Malta they start with a pirate ID, in my opinion this is the closest anyone born in those ZoI's could come to being a civilian and have a ship.

Now could someone grow up and get a ship in those ZoI's without being a pirate or being on the other side of the law (either by partaking in unlawful activities or supporting them), I don't think so. On the other hand I think they could do it without any authorities paying much attention to it. Still I think a pirate ID would be fair cause you'd have to establish a good rep with a lawful faction to become known and hire-able (and so would be able to buy one of their ID's).

Of course currently in game you can buy a civ ID at every base which completely contradicts what I've been saying but I don't think Igiss and his mod squad (forgive me for the horrible pun) were thinking about this issue when they did that.

What do you think?
Would be good, but that would probably mean an Admin would have to physically relocate every single new player when they started.

I doubt they have the time, patience or desire to do that.

DQ
Well flhook can modify character files right? I mean it has to for the money transfer and name change, right? Can't it just modify their location?
It can however you can only pick 1 starting location for the entire server. If you wanted something like that the server would have to constantly restart I believe.
Yeah, that wouldn't work, but im not proposing you start somewhere else, im proposing you start in NY and then have Flhook move you from there (booting you to do so presumably).
Or, from the starting system you have one way jump holes to all the capitals

But then the rep issue wouldn't be fixed i guess
So I'm thinking you want a 1 time use command that allows you to teleport to a capital house system. So you wouldnt have to fly a starflea. Which is also limited to only rank 5?

That might work though not likely to be implemented.
Coriko - It might simplify things though.

Stew - I agree, not likely, I think it would be pretty cool though and make it much easier to get a rep chart, map, etc consistent with your RP.
Indeed it would make life alot easier.

Though if it also were to be added it could be buggy and also could be misused.
There is a post on this somewhere else...
Del said basically that changing the start location away from manhatten would basically invalidate the SP game, making it unuseable.

DQ
Pages: 1 2 3