Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This recently added server-side FPS cap.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Should be fixed and reintroduced or removed. In my case while the FPS is usually capped at 143 which is alright, it suddenly decides to cap the FPS at 100 and NO amount of restarting Freelancer or Radeonpro seems to help. Even restarting my PC doesn't help. It just stays at 100 once I log into any of my characters. It seems to go away after an hour or two by itself. This has never happened to me before, pretty sure it has to do with this server-side cap that was introduced recently. Not sure why do we have to be the beta-testers of this "feature".
Huh...I thought it was just me.
I was easily having a steady 120 to 150 until recently.
Well, as i havent saw any more "jittering" ppl, i need say, as far im concerned, seems good adittion, but dunno about side-effects.
The cap is set to 155 FPS, and it seems to be working for the overwhelming majority of people. We are unable to replicate the issue.

Please submit CPU and GPU utilization graphs that show both utilizations before and after your sudden FPS drops. You can do this with the Task Manager in Windows 10 if your system is up to date.
(05-10-2018, 03:44 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]The cap is set to 155 FPS, and it seems to be working for the overwhelming majority of people. We are unable to replicate the issue.

Please submit CPU and GPU utilization graphs that show both utilizations before and after your sudden FPS drops. You can do this with the Task Manager in Windows 10 if your system is up to date.

What tools should I use to obtain these graphs on Windows 7? It seems like its artificially being kept at exactly 143 or 100 without even dropping. I personally know at least 4 people who have a similar issue and who never get 154/155 fps like in the past. There was also a thread by Spazzy in the help section about a similar issue.
I dont have to use Dxtroy anymore ?? yay.
(05-10-2018, 03:40 AM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as i havent saw any more "jittering" ppl, i need say, as far im concerned, seems good adittion, but dunno about side-effects.

True. The jitters I would see in the past are entirely gone now.

(05-10-2018, 08:31 AM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have to use Dxtroy anymore ?? yay.

But it's still nice to have for its insta-screenshot capabilities...
And screen-cap ability.
Though I know there's plenty of other programs that do the same.
When was this server-side FPS Cap introduced? Can we get a word from a dev to confirm this and elaborate on this?
Check the last patch notes.
so can i now turn off vsync? as im sure i can run at better FPS with my 780ti
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7