Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Word of Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a little heads up to everyone - A unfavorable person from elsewhere on the net is causing trouble for me and a few others in a different community online, and he seems to be prone to impersonation. If you see someone posing as me on the server and starting crap for no reason, hit me up. Chances are it's not me as I'm pretty much well aware of the rules of the server, and I'm not one to go and violate the rules with hostile intent.

Essentially, this guy has been hostile towards the organization I run outside of Discovery, and after he was outed from the group he was in - he decided to start posing as several people, from the major squads in the game we operate in, in a application to a group, with the intent of trying to stir trouble.

I doubt he'll put in the effort to start crap here, but Since i'm the kind of person to say "Better safe than sorry" - I wanted to make you all aware.
My thought on this is......that you just made it easier for a cyber stalker to troll or impersonate you by listing all of your ships and characters in public.
Exactly my thoughts.
Have the administration team from that other place provide the player's IP and other details to our administration team and it should be solved easily enough if it becomes an issue.
Hey!

Recently I've seen cases of someone trying to pretend to be me. I wonder if those who do this really think that I will insult someone by playing on the server? If the insults will be, then only RP-character, but not OORP (Russian Community - an exception, because everyone there joking).

I never write without reason: some queer tried to pretend to me, using a ship LRD-"Calypso" + someone tried to quarrel on my behalf with my best battle-friend .

Wrote here as a note.
Thing is we don't really have the IP of it yet. The act was done outside of any forums and through a group's recruitment portal. Anywho - It was brought to my attention that this act was done more as a false flag against many people rather than just me.

I'm going to remove the list of ships and accounts, but leave this up in the event that someone actively gets involved in impersonating me.

I'd elaborate further, but I've been advised not to as to hinder any possible drama from sitrring up. If nothing happens in a month, I'll have the admins lock this thread - by that point I think the issue will be all but over.
That's always a pain in the ass. I had a problem with attempted impersonation many years back. Eventually the prick lost interest, but I never figured out who it was.

Good luck.