Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Revised System Idea: Caribbean (Formerly Omega-48)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:i hate to step in here and be a negative nancy, but do we really need a system with so many bases and tradelanes in the taus, how about more un regulated, un colonized systems built around the principle of exploration instead of giving bases to everyone and their brother. space is supposed to be vast emptiness not constant sensual tittilation.

im not saying that i want realistic emptiness, jsut that this system seems rather full, and with an outcast and a gaian base also present it would be impossible for planetform and Orbital spa and cruise to defend, just an excuse for corporate players to fight gaians, to fight outcasts.

speaking of gaians, they are poor terrorists, why do they get another base?

Spa and Cruise have very deep pockets. When they want trade lanes, they get trade lanes.

Don't forget there's also a BHG base in the system. Weapons platforms around the Aruba. Planetary turrets, trade lane turrets, jump gate turrets, station turrets... it can be a very well-defended place.

In any case, the Outcasts are probably not going to bother the Planetform ships as much, due to the unspoken neutrality with Bretonia. Gaians of course will attack Planetform, and Spa and Cruise ships are fair game for both sides.
I wonder if one could be persuaded to add a minable field and a BMM base, I do feel IMG takes BMM's flame when it comes to mining.

i'd say the system would be under heavy bretonian influence, not controled but it seems like something of their sphere of responsibility, with the Bretonian criminals.
Just a question, have you sended the idea to Igiss to see if he would accept that system?
I've got it here for community input first.
I like it. I would actually join just to live there. However just a small suggestion: change Haiti to Hispaniola it would be far better. Then you could have Port Royal changed to Tortuga as it is more pirate-ish.
' Wrote:Spa and Cruise have very deep pockets. When they want trade lanes, they get trade lanes.

Wouldn't there be tradelanes in Sigma 19 and Edinburgh then?!

I agree this seems a little overpopulated with rival factions, and 2 OS&C bases in one system doesn't sit right with me.

Is there a star in the system? For attractive planets there probably should be.
' Wrote:Wouldn't there be tradelanes in Sigma 19 and Edinburgh then?!

I agree this seems a little overpopulated with rival factions, and 2 OS&C bases in one system doesn't sit right with me.

Is there a star in the system? For attractive planets there probably should be.

The star is the yellow circle marked Medium White.
Nice system.

Suggestions:

Lose one OSC base, possibly the Aruba.

Lose/reduce the trade lanes.

Grenada depot taken over? Junkers? Gaians? Outcasts? Means you can have one less spawn point, and therefore less bandwidth...

Port Royal is a better name for a Zoner Base, as it was a free port. (the original - freeport 0 if ya think about it). Tortuga was a pirate haven - BUT, was a freeport just for pirates.

Lose the BH, put planetform there, make em cruise to the Monserrat planet - the gaians then attack their convoys.

Apart from that, Nice work!
Pages: 1 2