Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to restore Freelancer IFF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ask because I have had characters that started "life" as Freelancers and have been put to other uses....in a particular case, converted to DSE...I used droprep to do that, then equipped the DSE ID....and that was fine...
To do it in reverse is more difficult though...I used droprep to get rid of the DSE affiliation and bought another FL ID...but since the Freelancer one doesn't come with rephack I needed to use bribes...I understand the "triple" bribe technique and decided to use that....I seemed to be neutral with the Freelancer faction and got the bribes...unfortunately the bribes offered were quite low...still I took them, assuming they'd add up to full green....long story short they didn't and now the character is friendly with them but not enough for a full IFF....as far as I know this means I cannot now get any further bribes, nor ever get a Freelancer IFF.....I was hoping there might be an equivalent of the /pirate command I was asking about elsewhere, for Freelancers...but it appears not....
Is there any way now to get that IFF?
Shjote the Storage Depots by Newport.

(sun)
Dont do that, Exodite, dont be a troll. ~Inferno
(05-13-2018, 06:53 AM)Exo the Plier Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Dont do that, Exodite, dont be a troll. ~Inferno

Ok he's not actually that far off though. If your Rep is too high you can't get a bribe. So you have to either wander about for hours on end looking for a freelancer ship to kill, or you can blow off a few of those, and lower your rep that way.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Do not shoot all of them. That will make you full hostile. You want to avoid that.
Does equipping a freelancer ID (even temporarily) not auto-set you full green Freelancer IFF?
No.

You need to get your FL rep low enough for a bribe to appear, then get a double bribe for Freelancers. Only way I am aware of that restores your FL rep.
Hi, sorry for the late reply....I wanted to try this technique in game....and hadn't had the chance to, or to be online for that matter....Yes, well, it worked out very nicely, thank you....first I shot up satellites until I was at one white square of neutral with the FL faction, then went looking for bribes...a bit annoying at the first 2 places I tried...(a Freeport and Heisenberg Research Station) because although I was getting the Barman bribe no bother, the assorted riff-raff drinking in the bar wouldn't give me the time of day, never mind the 2nd or 3rd bribes....so eventually I headed back to the Barrier Gate Stations in Coronado and quite quickly got 3 bribes organised...since the customers are almost all Freelancers (I see what you mean about not getting too red with them, you need them a little friendly...well, indifferent but not quite hostile maybe...there's clearly a sweet spot....) I bought 3 bribes which probably was a bit of overkill since I was full green after 2.....
So, I'm quite happy with the results....and no doubt I'll use the technique again, as I have several, now redundant, older "cash cow" type characters still in their Brown "Trent" jackets, who may as well be converted back to Freelancers in ships that I enjoyed flying at one time but traded in for bigger ones etc.....
Thanks Folks for all the helpful info and input.