Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Balance: The Vache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, in a recent discussion about Battle Transports over Discord, it came to my attention that the Vache is... Not quite a Battle Transport?

Let's analyze the Gallic Vache's stat block:
Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/7
Base Armor: 125000
Cargo Space: 4250
Power Output: 5000/60000
Batteries/NanoBots: 450/450
Impulse Speed: 90
Cruise Speed: 350
Equipment Mounts: CM

The Vache appears to have the lowest armor rating of any Lawful Medium Transport. It also has the lowest turret count, and the lowest power output rating. The Vache's one saving grace seems to be that it has a CM, which most other transports of its cargo capacity lack. But, is a CM enough to save it? What happens when you're disrupted, and faced with having to fight for your life?

I'd like to open up a discussion about the Vache. Should it be re-balanced as a Battle Transport, to fit in line with the other House Battle Transports? Even Corsairs and Outcasts have Battle Transports, but Gallia does not. I feel it would be only fair to ditch the CM slot in favor of better armor, more turrets and a better power plant, so that Gallic transport players are on the same playing field as the rest of Sirius.

To Gallic Players: Do you like the advantage of a CM? Or would you prefer to have something with sharper claws than the current Vache?
I disagree because Transports should be easily killable.
I personally think it plays its role well enough. I often fly a Vache with nothing but pulse cannons. If a bomber catches me and they are alone they will struggle to be able to actually deal any damage which often leads them to letting me go.
The Vache was pretty much on top of the list for specific transport reworks, it used to have a CD which made it into a weirdly useful "pirate" ship, but a CM only is indeed not really sufficient to make it stand out.
It is a bit unfair to compare it to the other house battletransports, though. It's much smaller, and more comparable to the Pirate Train. In a way, you could consider it to be a fatter pirate train with a CM, but that's just not a very useful niche. A really big problem is the incredibly offensive orientation of the armament. I think I modified the arcs to be a little better suited for defensive use, but don't quote me on that.

I think it would be quite alright with a CD, or tougher defensive stats, but it can't be a true battletransport. A new, larger model would be needed for that.
Ahhh, okay. I tend to look at things on paper quite often, in terms of ship stats. Since I can't simply hop in-game to compare ship sizes at work (Which is when I do a lot of my forum posting), it's something I tend to over-look. If the Vache is significantly smaller than other Medium Transports, that would explain the lower turret count and power core.
The name's telling enough if you ask me; The ship is a cow (Google it). I wouldn't expect a cow to be effective for piracy, despite the turret arcs being most effective firing forwards. Personally I wouldn't remove the CM from it, but that's just me.
If you wanted it to be somewhat more defensible then redistributing the turrets would be the better option, or look at the Taureau if you want a lawful Gallic transport designed for combat.
Right, real quick now, let's compare the sizes of the Bison and the Vache.

[Image: 7XiyKoF.png]

Questions?
O_o''

Um... Wow.. I had no idea there was such a size disparity between the two. Well then! *Whistles and paces away, hands in pockets.*

...Actually, now I sort of want a Vache, or even a Pachyderme.