Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Private Server / How to change the forced ip in Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all it has been many moons since i was here and have been mostly on Warzone Discovery which was a lot of fun till it died i thinks.

Long story short i work for ISP company and we want to put together a DC Freelcancer server for private use that our staff can log into and have instant action we work long hours and have little time to play

The discovery mod is very nice and the work on it done so supper cool but personally the constant changes in the game when some people complained about things that made the game real awesome that other people worked hard for just killed it for me personally , work your ass off to get a barge go through all the drama etc then to get a ship that can jump the barge etc then some people complain and all your hard work for years is gone.

So basically the Role Play killed the game with all the moaners.

We dont want to role play just jump in game and have instant action all the server files are there etc i just think blocking the game with ip force is just lame to force people to play main Discovery when other servers offered different styles of play for those who wanted it.

Would be nice if Admins or Defs could just post somewhere a once of readme for those who would like to host there own server how to change the forced ip at least give the people a choise who so wish to be able to change the ip to main DC or there own ip would be awesome thanx.
You might find this handy to get youre own server up and running
(05-16-2018, 08:39 AM)Erik-Kieber Wrote: [ -> ]You might find this handy to get youre own server up and running

Thanx mate but that says a lot and in the same breath nothing at all the problem i am having is with this.

I need to change the forced argument ip if i put it in the line above it does not work.

the launcher just give me the the main ip in game

even if i add the secondory ip for my server in the line above the only server that shows in game is main.

port forwading etc all done freelancer server running on server all done only thing i cant do is change the forced ip
You do not change the forced arguments. That is exactly why they are called that, forced - they are forced upon you. Anything you want to change goes in the optional arguments, as the tutorial linked suggests. If something is not appearing after correctly putting something in the optional arguments, than there is a problem with your setup of the server.
I tested on local network it sees the local ip of the private server and connects

As soon as i use the router ip with the ports 2302-2304 port forwarded to local server it does not work or show the server in the server list
worst case scenario maybe i should use my Mikrotik to force all traffic to -s195.154.48.240:2302 to my server ip instead

lets see if that works
(05-16-2018, 10:22 AM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]You do not change the forced arguments. That is exactly why they are called that, forced - they are forced upon you. Anything you want to change goes in the optional arguments, as the tutorial linked suggests. If something is not appearing after correctly putting something in the optional arguments, than there is a problem with your setup of the server.

Exactly the reason DiscoveryGC is nailing there own nails in there coffin and killing the game

on 2nd thoughts there is a lot of FL mods still out there with less ............ and works with less drama and better
attitude and support
What? You're using the Discovery launcher and are annoyed that you can't remove the ability to connect to the official server? You can use optional arguments to run any parameters you so desire. You can claim that Discovery is a game full of drama and what have you, but I say try going to the Crossfire forums or FW:ToW and asking how you'd host their mod yourself. You would get a significantly different reaction.

The one thing that can be said about Disco is they are much more keen to help players, even those that are not directly contributing to main server environment. If we weren't like that, why would I have taken my time to write that tutorial you were linked?