Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In Vote Secret Intelligence Service - [SIS]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sounds Cool-Good luck guys!

PS. use Orbitron
You know where my pm is if you ever want to do something kewl with the Hessians. I see you have us listed down as unfriendly with potential for an NAP, could introduce interesting opportunities.
(05-17-2018, 08:04 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=118067

Here you have a list of all Bretonian nobles, and it says about how nobility is achieved and what it means.

Thank you for the info!

(05-17-2018, 11:50 PM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Consolas may be a better choice. It might need a slight size bump though.

Courier looks more like a typewriter than a modern system.

On a similar formatting note, the medium-dark grey on dark backgrounds is visually unpleasant.

I've yet to encounter you all in-game, so I can't yet comment on that, but it is good to see some Bretonians returning to the espionage field. We'll have to have a chat sometime in-RP when circumstances line up.

I have changed the 'dimgray' text colour into 'lightslategray' so that the text is brighter and easier to read, let us know if this helps, thank you!

(05-18-2018, 12:35 AM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]Monospaced fonts aren't meant to be used for body text of any kind. It's hard to read and looks awful. I understand that you're trying to go for this old British intelligence thing but this simply is not the place for it. We aren't in the 1940s and we don't need to use typewriters. I for one wouldn't even comment on whatever your lore or RP is because I haven't read any of it due to your awful choice of font.

Do keep in mind as well that the text you've written reads entirely differently to someone who hasn't read it previously. Monospaced fonts lower reading speed and comprehension, more so for people who naturally read faster (I read normal text at ~650 wpm, monospaced font probably lowers that by a half or more).

While visual appeal may be important, not wasting other people's time is also quite nice.

Font has been changed to arial for easier reading, let me know if this helps, thanks

(05-18-2018, 12:55 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds Cool-Good luck guys!

PS. use Orbitron

Font was changed to arial as mentioned above. I don't really know how to use orbitron to fit my bbcode style, hence why I just went for the easiest reading option: Arial.

(05-18-2018, 02:21 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]You know where my pm is if you ever want to do something kewl with the Hessians. I see you have us listed down as unfriendly with potential for an NAP, could introduce interesting opportunities.

We've got you on Discord, I'll hit up Steiner and start the NAP negotiation process soon!

- Stolt.
(05-18-2018, 07:56 AM)Secret Intelligence Service Wrote: [ -> ]I have changed the 'dimgray' text colour into 'lightslategray' so that the text is brighter and easier to read, let us know if this helps, thank you!
Far better, thanks. I usually just use hex codes myself though.
A new faction logo + some graphics have been added. I'm also currently working on adding Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) description post, Royal Corps of Signals description post and potentially adding a Special Aerospace Service unit description as well.

- Stolt.
Money taken, added to Tracker.

Good luck
Updated the roster.
Added to Vote
Roster updated, minor spelling errors fixed, Wiki page created with a great many thanks to

Wiki page

-Victor
Congrats on reaching officialdom. Please send me a PM with how you want your forum setup along with a description for your ID.

Good work guys.
Pages: 1 2 3