Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Berlin Star Dying Found it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know I read it somewhere where was it? Anyone remember? Something like 200 years or something left before it going Omega-11

Found it

Should be a fun story arc to consider:

New Berlin is the capital system of the Federal Republic of Rheinland, the system was settled in 3 A.S, with the landing of the SS Rheinland on Planet New Berlin. Recent studies done by a group of government scientists estimated that the main star of the system, a white giant, will cease to exist in the next 300 years, due to the fact that the star will finish its hydrogen reserves.
Oh man, if this were to happen...
It would change the face of Rheinland forever.
Scientists got it wrong.
Scientists got told to stop making everyone depressed.
The consequences of a dying star left to live about 300 years most probably would already be well felt since 300 years in cosmic scale is nothing.
Looks like good excuse for KRIEG
(05-18-2018, 07:01 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: [ -> ]Should be a fun story arc to consider:

Originally it would be maybe, but at this moment it would be mostly cliche, considering recently Rheinland had/has to face wormhole anomally which almost destroyed Hudson, the dark matter which appeared out of nowhere and started eating Munich and on top of that Omega-11 star is about to explode.

So another space phenomenon based danger would not be anything new or interesting, it would mostly make people facepalm and say "Really, storydevs?".
(05-18-2018, 10:24 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2018, 07:01 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: [ -> ]Should be a fun story arc to consider:

Originally it would be maybe, but at this moment it would be mostly cliche, considering recently Rheinland had/has to face wormhole anomally which almost destroyed Hudson, the dark matter which appeared out of nowhere and started eating Munich and on top of that Omega-11 star is about to explode.

So another space phenomenon based danger would not be anything new or interesting, it would mostly make people facepalm and say "Really, storydevs?".

One hand I agree, on the other, this is different. While the wormhole thing and the 0-11 Star are problematic this star getting unstable would lead to an interesting course of events. Rheinland desperate to find a new capital begins attempting to expand. Maybe at first Kusari is tolerant until the become too pushy. And boil it down from there. This would lead to Civil unrest maybe have them puah for Atka Blitzkrieg style? And hire PF/EFL to quicken the terraforming process. Or pressure PF.

It would be a house in deaparity. Too proud to ask for help.

and I were discussing this earlier and had some awesome ideas.
Addition to what Laura C. wrote: a supernova as a result of a dying star has already been done with Maine, a forceful expansion and colonisation as a result of fleeing from an enormous threat has already been done with Sprague.
(05-18-2018, 11:44 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: [ -> ]One hand I agree, on the other, this is different. While the wormhole thing and the 0-11 Star are problematic this star getting unstable would lead to an interesting course of events. Rheinland desperate to find a new capital begins attempting to expand. Maybe at first Kusari is tolerant until the become too pushy. And boil it down from there. This would lead to Civil unrest maybe have them puah for Atka Blitzkrieg style? And hire PF/EFL to quicken the terraforming process. Or pressure PF.

It would be a house in deaparity. Too proud to ask for help.

and I were discussing this earlier and had some awesome ideas.

Considering Rheinland-Kusari war is on the way anyway, I donĀ“t think this New Berlin "just another space problem" scenario can bring anything more. Also state of despair became something almost normal in Rheinland. First economically due to wars, then due to space phenomenon based disasters. I would say people there are used to it at this point. And Rheinland is already relocating people from one planet, so one more...whatever. Having 300 years for it is quite nice timeframe, comparing to Munich problems.

Generally, seems that just like Bretonia is basically house that keeps losing war, Kusari house that keeps unable to decide what type of government their people want to have and Gallia land of infinite Valors, Rheinland will be the house constantly eaten by space. And Liberty the shiny house which never suffer from anything no matter what happens, of course.
Pages: 1 2 3