Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction made unofficial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Given the confusion following the requested notice of disbandment, a significant period of inactivity followed by a sudden flurry of leaders claiming to have been elected by the same player base and the actual prior leader handing it to a largely unexpected candidate, the admin team has come to a decision regarding Samura.

As of the time of posting, the Samura official faction is no longer such, and the entire faction has been reverted to an unofficial faction.

The tag and ID will be removed in the following days. Those people using official Samura ID's have one week to replace them with the unofficial variant.
(05-19-2018, 07:31 PM)The Sovereign Wrote: [ -> ]a significant period of inactivity

Samura had met the requirement for the tracker AFAIK.

All in all, I think this is the worst course of action to deal with this. The server needs an official Samura faction. The staff should have just stepped in and mediated picking new leader if it was such a big issue. Although from what I had heard they were discussing and electing a new leader just fine.

Just nuking the faction entirely just seems like the dirty but easy solution. It won't be good for the faction's morale, that is for sure.
The exact opposite of what we need. Is it finally time to set up proper faction rules to avoid this in the future?
Okay, so you have given the leadership of Samura to Owen without me making a post of handing him the leadership of the faction but when a Director and an old time member of Samura has risen his hand and asked for leadership of the faction, one which I supported him to do, you disband the faction? What kind of double standards are we dealing here? Please explain the points spoken above.

PS: When I say given, I mean the green name and the description above the avatar.
Admin choices 10/10 lol.
We had a clear way to deal with this. Things were just going fine, from what I saw a lot of the Samura faction's remnants accepted Laz and with it the Shura members joining them. Nuking it like this is discouraging but whatever stupid decisions you do, you won't kill Kusari with it, even though you do well trying to do so with this action.

To Samura peeps: You still have my full support in changing and bringing Samura back to more life. No matter such decisions.
inb4 CR is next

Jokes aside, i am not fond of this move as well, This just discourages the faction that finally managed to step towards stability. I am certain you will drive half of Samura playerbase away and grow staff hate among them.
Best is, besides Pals and Felipe, I saw nobody being against Laz and Shura joining Samura to bring back life. So I consider this decision as simply weird with no additional info provided.

Actually a very good point.
Could the community see the reasons for this decision? It affects more players than just the Samura player faction. Detailed reasons. Why and what factors of the small mess around new leadership caused this decision?
What faction is next?
It was supposed to be disbanded, then we had not only one but five claims of leadership through player requests. If there is a lot of Samura activity then it should be close to no problem at all to regain officialdom with Samura, Shura or whatever else is the deserving group.
Pages: 1 2 3 4