Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: VHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

is anyone who know the starblazer ?

is it a good ship? how it is in fight situation? etc etc

thanks by advance for your answers

NoMe
It's lackluster mostly because of the powercore. It has a great turn rate and size, but only 5 guns and terrible core, armor, nanobots/shield batteries and responsiveness. The stats are a weird mixture of duels and groupfights which overall makes the ship alright, nothing special.

I wouldn't recommend it to those who aren't skilled in snubs because of high instakill chance, the need to manage your core efficiently and 5 guns which makes you have no burst. It can be solid if used at its max potential with the high turn rate.
I haven't had the chance to use it much myself, but I had a friend test out the Starblazer and he said that he liked it. It's a great ship for those who don't know how to/refuse to weapon group, since it has only 5 guns to eat up the power core. Give it a mix of Purple Goddesses and Flammenwerfers/Garands of 700m/s speed to give it a good automatic chain firing effect. A Paralyzer would compliment such a loadout fairly well. Rippers or Swatters for mines, since you won't be able to CD your mines with a missile. Alternatively, go for Screamers+CD.

The responsiveness of the Starblazer is great, having tested one in Single Player. Being the fastest VHF, it has good "turn acceleration" (The amount of time it takes to reach max turn speed), as well.

Edit: Wait, the responsiveness is terrible? I must be weird, then. I thought it was fine.
thanks antonio, i will pass on this choice, i can't really have a bad surprise, i will listen your advice.

i will try it a next time

Wink
ah, i thought about his turn rate, for me it's very important, so, this ship well armed with the good setup can be used in fight.

good to know

thanks Sand too
If turn rate is an importance, you might look into the Sunrider Heavy Fighter. It has a 85 degree turn radius and has pretty good responsiveness, too. It's pretty pancakey, though, so it's not the most amazing for group fights, but will likely excel in duels. Additionally, it has 7 guns, which if you know how to weapon group, give it 3 debs and 4 flashpoints, and you'll do just fine with the dinky power core. Finally, it relies on its speed more than anything - armor is rather poor.

Also, four big engines! It looks good when cruising.
thanks for all your precious advices

NoMe