Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Eagle or Sabre?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
If infocard say it VHF, this is not mean it real. Stats HF, guns 8lvl, and shipclass is HF. Just infocard broken.
Saber was my first love, but over time the eagle grew on me till I realized it truly was superior
(05-23-2018, 04:57 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 03:59 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, ask Kyoi, he brought it up.

I figure that Sunriders are that fast because they were meant to act like the old Moldy Crow model which also had that kind of agility and 7 guns. The pancake shape seems like it would be susceptible to top/bottom fire, but then again I've never flown one/shot at one in combat.

It's an insanely overpowered ship all-in-all. I have no idea why the dev team brought an absurd concept like that back into Discovery. It became public knowledge too quickly even though it was """shadow-updated""".

Oh well, all it takes is 3 XTF Captains current best pvpers on the server to demonstrate its overpoweredness and abuse it to get it nerfed.

It's not nearly as overwhelming in groupfights as in duels. Duels are its main strength and that's why the ship seems so overpowered, I've yet to meet one in a groupfight that didn't die to a nuke within 2 minutes. The profile is bad for groupfights, the size for an HF coupled with squishiness opens up a lot of instakill potential.
I have fought numerous Sunriders which seem to be so popular now and none of them were challenging to hit or kill.
As some of you may know, it is an essential copy of the old Moldy Crow: LF turn rate, crap powercore, seven centered guns and low-average HF stats otherwise, all on a very large model.
I didn't mess with the hitbox and it never seemed broken to me, but whether it is or not the ship certainly doesn't appear to be.
(05-23-2018, 05:37 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 04:57 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2018, 03:59 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, ask Kyoi, he brought it up.

I figure that Sunriders are that fast because they were meant to act like the old Moldy Crow model which also had that kind of agility and 7 guns. The pancake shape seems like it would be susceptible to top/bottom fire, but then again I've never flown one/shot at one in combat.

It's an insanely overpowered ship all-in-all. I have no idea why the dev team brought an absurd concept like that back into Discovery. It became public knowledge too quickly even though it was """shadow-updated""".

Oh well, all it takes is 3 XTF Captains current best pvpers on the server to demonstrate its overpoweredness and abuse it to get it nerfed.

It's not nearly as overwhelming in groupfights as in duels. Duels are its main strength and that's why the ship seems so overpowered, I've yet to meet one in a groupfight that didn't die to a nuke within 2 minutes. The profile is bad for groupfights, the size for an HF coupled with squishiness opens up a lot of instakill potential.

True, however it's still miles ahead of something like Falcon which is easier to hit, has 5 deg less turn, 1.5 less guns etc
Well the Falcon is just straight garbage (a lot of HFs are) so let's not bring them into the picture.
#BuffFalcon?
#BuffHFClass?

:>

It would actually be nice to see more variation in HF power cores other than the few rare odd-balls such as the Marauder.
Jackdaw is pretty interesting as a theme-bucking HF. Class 9's, 2x CD/T slots, eagle handing but with a smaller hitbox.
The love that went into that ship needs to be spread around a bit.
Eagle or Sabre?
--> Sabre

But I would say the Sabre is just the easier ship to fly; the Eagle should be the better chooise for the skilled pilot.
Sabre makes you a better PvPer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8