Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Recycler SHF clipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Among its amusing oddities, this ship has two sort of engine pod thingies slung underneath, rather like a retro combat jet or something....a good look....
Unfortunately though, this is where any equipped CDs, Torpedos and any other equipment using those slots appear on the model....or rather...sort of inside them...where the "intakes" would be if they were really Ramjets or whatever....
This means that even something as small as a CD or a missile launcher using that model will clip right through the cowling as it moves about, following the cursor....larger weapons look much worse....
I know its just a cosmetic thing and doesn't really affect anything in game other than being annoying and a bit disappointing ….(I notice similar issues on Bretonian craft with such engine pod things too....)
My query is....3fold...I guess...
Firstly...has anybody discovered or could they suggest a loadout for the ship that avoids the issue (short of the genius move of just not equipping anything in those slots, I mean.....)?.....
Secondly, does any sort of "to do list" exist to slowly work through such relatively trivial bugs and issues? I have noticed somewhat similar issues do get addressed in incremental patches now and again.....for example the texturing on the Kusari Explorer got fixed fairly recently and now the ship looks really very good....with its massive Bullbar type structures now properly appearing to be built up from horizontal steel plates bolted or rivetted together….not a weird kind of zig zag pattern....
Finally is there anyplace on the forum that simple "Joe Soap" members...Players not Developers and whatnot... can report and discuss such things?
Do feel free, by the way, to move this if you feel that it doesn't quite qualify as a request merely for help exactly....
I post here quite a lot perhaps....although I'm not really that new anymore...I do so after exhaustive searches on the subject at hand, normally....I feel that once the good advice gets posted back and the issue (usually) is solved etc....anyone in the future with a similar issue may well find their own search more helpful...type of thing....
Thing is the Recycler used to be a junker Fighter/bomber hybrid and those slots were for the bomber torpedo slots. Which looked nice, now it looks kinda meh
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...t=Recycler

Here is the original concept. Enjoy the wild ride that is that thread.
Well yeah, I guess its just one of those "it is what it is" type situations....unfortunate.....but there you go....
I enjoy playing Junkers and I'm fond of their ship line too....fortunately due both to their RP nature and the allowances of the compatible tech table etc...there's a lot of choice among the civilian ship line etc to plug any such gaps as with the Recycler.....excluding, of course the scrap metal bonus etc.....
Well, actually, it wouldn't have ever been my first choice from Junker ships to mine with anyway, so not to worry.....As they are a bunch of tinkerers and salvage merchants, there is something almost equally pleasing in a Junker flying a repurposed or "salvaged" ship all kitted out with their tech anyway...