Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Neutron weapons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While the stats don't look all that bad on paper, the weapons and projectiles themselves seem to be very difficult to aim negating the fact that many of these guns are 650 m/s or slower. I was wondering in particular if the projectiles could be changed.

It sounds really really stupid, but the projectile of the weapon can actually influence how much more simple it is to aim. Currently, weapons such as Roter Blitzes, Grim reapers, Salamanca mk2s, and Dublin Dusters fall under the category of projectiles that are more difficult to aim. Wondering if others can see issues here as well, in order to aim these weapons I often have to mix them with higher velocity guns and close distance, which shouldn't be your only option if using a gun type Sad. Perhaps reverting the projectiles back to their vanilla counterparts or making a projectile similar to tachyons might help, maybe a bit larger or with rings in the projectile similar to the old Ripper effect. Would be nifty, was just wondering if some people would consider, I get this isn't 100% a balance thing, but I wasn't sure where else to mention it.

EDIT: made mistake in writing there we go
Vanilla neutrons had the exact same problem. Personally I don't think 4.00s below 700m/s projectile speed should exist.
(05-24-2018, 01:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Vanilla neutrons had the exact same problem. Personally I don't think 4.00s below 700m/s projectile speed should exist.

Aye indeed. The projectile speed just feels off for the guns
I will back my support for having Neutrons as a whole having their particle effects changed. I'd be okay with them being 650m/s 5.88s, like Vulture 4s. However, I feel that any gun with a 650m/s speed should have the damage to compensate for a slow projectile speed. As it stands, Vulture 4s are terrible in their current state, but buffed to a reasonable degree, might serve as a good test bed for re-vamped Neutron cannons.

In any case, most Neutron guns have a huge projectile effect. It's hard to aim a gun that fires so quickly when you cant even see the target behind your own barrage of Neutronic Rays. Combined with a slow projectile speed, aaaand you really can't hope to hit anything smaller than a gunboat with them.
(05-24-2018, 01:46 AM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, most Neutron guns have a huge projectile effect. It's hard to aim a gun that fires so quickly when you cant even see the target behind your own barrage of Neutronic Rays. Combined with a slow projectile speed, aaaand you really can't hope to hit anything smaller than a gunboat with them.

Is... is it bad that I've gotten more kills with Neutron cannons then lasers? Granted Photon weapons are still supreme in terms of my kills.
(05-24-2018, 02:38 AM)Jadon King Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2018, 01:46 AM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, most Neutron guns have a huge projectile effect. It's hard to aim a gun that fires so quickly when you cant even see the target behind your own barrage of Neutronic Rays. Combined with a slow projectile speed, aaaand you really can't hope to hit anything smaller than a gunboat with them.

Is... is it bad that I've gotten more kills with Neutron cannons then lasers? Granted Photon weapons are still supreme in terms of my kills.

You are a god among men.
(05-24-2018, 03:14 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]You are a god among men.

lul.

No.
I suck. I've killed a Rabisu and a Decurion with Hogosha Photon cannons and a lulwut silent engaging GMG snub with the FA Neutron Vultures... And Conn kills, but I'm not counting those because Conn is where stupidity happens.
Edit: I completely forgot about a certain kill in a certain Tau-44 against a certain [UC] member in a certain Tournament... Even the Gaians there even mentioned how odd my loadout was... How did I forget that?
I've always found that neutrons are easier to aim too, probably because I have a "feel" for them. Feeling for guns actually can improve your performance if you feel comfortable with them

Size doesn't matter either, they're all the same 'hit area'
I'm a pretty trash PvPer so what I say is definitely not gospel in any way shape or form, but the style of effect used on neutron guns is definitely hard to walk your fire with. And as someone whose aim is fairly crap (and honestly it doesn't help that I'm rusty as hell still), being able to walk your fire is pretty useful. The sheer size of the neutron "bulb" at the tip of the projectile is enough that it's fairly difficult to judge where the actual impact point on it is. Couple that with a good number of them being 650 m/s and 3.03s and that's a recipe for half a powercore's worth of missed shots for every successful pass.

That being said I have traditionally had a "feel" for tachyons, and those feel like a whole different ball game to me.
I sometimes fly with a full 4.00, 650ms loadout (debs and neutron guns) and I can find myself doing somewhat well with them.
(05-24-2018, 01:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I don't think 4.00s below 700m/s projectile speed should exist.

Or instead make 4.00s slower than 700ms actually worth it to use and give them ~700 damage per shot. On the way you can bump Nomad Adapteds to 650ms Smile
Pages: 1 2