Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dev notice - Aux/Core tech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For clarity and to put an end to recent drama:

-Auxesia will not be receiving a sale point for the Mako, Bullhead, or Thresher, or a tech cell for Core capital ships. Any attempts to reproduce the aforementioned vessels must be processed through an SRP request, the same as any other faction attempting to acquire technology which is not sold on their bases and is not present on their tech chart should they wish to use them with any more than 10% power core regen.

-Auxesia is in possession of and is capable of reproducing all other Core technology currently extant in the mod at the time of this notice, including capital class guns. These are to be considered the same as KNF tech sold on Blood Dragon bases, RM tech sold on Bundschuh bases and LN tech on Order and HF bases, etc. These are outdated models based on older blueprints and in the lore considered to be weaker than the models fielded by the original proprietors of the tech cell, regardless of powercore nerf.
how about we reflect the "old tech" in gameplay by nerfing their guns.
(05-24-2018, 12:09 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]how about we reflect the "old tech" in gameplay by nerfing their guns.

That's just destroying balance. Let's make the valors have more hp, guns, make the bd battleships have 600k hull because they're old, let's make nomads nigh high unkillable, oh and LN has more stats than others because liberty is rich and superior right?

Gameplay isn't necessarily balanced around lore
(05-24-2018, 12:09 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]how about we reflect the "old tech" in gameplay by nerfing their guns.

It doesn't let you sleep, doesn't it?

That's actually not a bad idea. BD, HF, Bundies and Order all have core nerfs on the tech mentioned in the OP (ranging from 75% - 90%). So something like that may be a good way to show that technology, although reproducible, is outdated or they can't use to its full capability. AFAIK THe Core snubs and gunboats don't even have an entry on the tech chart, thus Auxesia would currently have a 100% cell, so this may be something to keep in mind when the cells are set up. Otherwise, "Old tech" will be reflected at some point down the line anyway, most likely when Core obtains new models for its shipline which will be RP'd as a new fancy pants development. Generally speaking, in terms of snubs, gunboats, turrets, equipment etc everything is okey dokey.

I will say though that we firmly believe Auxesia should not be able to reproduce The Core capital line as self-created SRPs. Nyx and I even agreed that Auxesia does not have the capability to do that years ago. It has only recently come to my attention that Auxesia has done a 180 on that, and now believes they can construct Makos within their new Citadel base. Unlike the snubs/gunboats that are sold to third parties, the Capital ships are a unique, closely guarded technology centric to The Core.

I do not feel like downloading "blueprints" to a USB stick, or owning an SRP of the same line, is a legitimate enough reason to justify the ability to self-manufacture Capital ships, especially if it's only for PvP reasons. Otherwise, it would be legitimate for me to start producing RM/BAF/LN (LN carrier coming soon™) Capital ships just because Core has an SRP within those Capital lines (and I can just tack on that we have blueprints).

(yes yes i understand they're not getting a cap sell point or cell, that is not my point, but with the extent that they wish to create the SRPs, it's practically a self-moderated cell)
Lyth, I hope you realise that people on Discord were joking about the caps and chinese knockoff of APM, right...?

Also wild should get tech nerfs too according to that path of logic.
(05-24-2018, 12:38 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]

Otherwise, "Old tech" will be reflected at some point down the line anyway, most likely when Core obtains new models for its shipline which will be RP'd as a new fancy pants development. Generally speaking, in terms of snubs, gunboats, turrets, equipment etc everything is okey dokey.

this is the primary concern, Auxesia shouldn't be able to get the new models that core is developing. The Core Ships currently are only placeholders and we plan on replacing them with new models, So "Auexsia" technically has only these placeholder models. As soon as we replace the models we dont want to see "Auexsia stole those models so they're going to get 100% on them aswell" card being played.

Also we all know that Core Never consented to Auxesia getting the Tech cell in the first place.
Placeholder means that no one has physically modelled something, not placeholder that is a "prototype" in lore
If they're placeholder models then that will mean Aux gets the new model since its still the very same ship.
Excellent. Good move, dev team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4