Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Official Missive to Battlegroup Auxesia | Subject: Planet Elgin Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Hello my friends,

I am in the very pleasant position to announce that the Lane Hackers have assembled our own Battlegroup, if I may lend this word, with survey ships equipped with the latest Spyglass technology capable of conducting ultra-deep range scans as well as formidable warships which will defend this expedition.

For security purposes this group will be composed at all times by ten (10) ships. Let everyone know that we have heard your call and we are ready to assist you as we promised with the unpredictable situation of Planet Elgin. Our researchers and scientists are one of the best in Sirius, have no doubt about that. If there is something out there, we will find it, along with a solution.

Please let us know when and where our group can meet your men as this will be at all times a joint expedition.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: xRbFO7p.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Keeper Leviathan
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Clarity

____

Wolfgang Weisen,

The situation you're offering to help with was no situation at all. It's a security cover for a restricted area. At the time, we were in the midst of conducting some rather hazardous jump experiments and didn't want anyone to be injured in the process.

The Inner Phalanx believes it's time to approach our relationship from a far more formal stance. Despite our rough first contact, you've proven to be an invaluable and reliable source of information for us on a variety of matters. The honesty you've shown in our interactions has proven that we can instill far more trust in your organization than we initially realized, and thus there are some things you should be made aware of.

First, the subject of this transmission: Elgin. It is off-limits, and our security personnel have orders to deter or destroy any incoming craft, regardless of affiliation or relation. As I stated earlier, the area surrounding the planet is used as an experiment zone for a myriad of reasons. The isolation makes it harder for people to find, and its distance from the more-frequently flown areas of the surrounding systems make it ideal to avoid any damage to the locals. There is a reason Elgin is special to us, and I've been tasked with inviting you to find out why.

If you're interested, then I'm certain we can facilitate an appropriate meeting point prior to us showing you anything special.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
...uploading.data...

Keeper Leviathan,

We were yesterday busy with assisting Rogues in a prison escape from LPI Sugarland. However we are ready to meet you now at a time and place of your choice within Inverness system of course. Should we bring scientists as part of our delegation? It is not clear in your transmission if you still would like our help or everything is under control.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Weisen

[Image: xRbFO7p.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: EIDO
TOPIC: Clarity

____

Mister Weisen,

I thought I was pretty clear with the words 'security cover'. More appropriately, a false flag. A lie. A distraction while we were testing something. There was never any real danger except to those who would approach our security grid, as our personnel are instructed to shoot anyone down who does - no exceptions.

Anyway, we'll meet you at Invergordon. Tomorrow, 18:00. Scientists won't be necessary yet.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
...uploading.data...

Keeper Leviathan,

The aliens disrupted our meeting but alas they will not stop our contact. Please talk to us here and let us know your proposal.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Weisen

[Image: FJWFvSf.png]

Wolfgang Weisen,

It's a shame that the scheduled meeting went interrupted and with little progress other than the removal of an annoyance. With it out of the way, The Inner Phalanx wishes to formally extend the olive branch in the hopes of bettering our relationship. We value the progress that has been made to pave the way from our rocky beginnings to a mutually functional relationship and understanding when not to step on each other's toes. It's that kind of understanding we seek to expand upon, and thus the 'tour' you were initially to be given was scheduled to show you how far we've come since our humble beginnings on just a Battlecruiser. It was meant as a proper orientation to who we are, what we do, and what we have to offer one another.

What we are proposing is a new level of cooperation between our two organizations. Business arrangements, field cooperation, joint research efforts, access to areas where we don't normally let people go. We believe it's time to solidify our relationship as something positive. We've managed to establish a suitable foundation for which we can build from.

We are proposing the following:

- Auxesia will open negotiations to discuss the shipment of Cardamine to Valravn Citadel for research purposes and necessity for dependents.
- We would also like to discuss the exchange of intelligence gathered by our respective factions, especially where it may be used to our mutual benefit.
- Additionally, we propose the exchange of scientific research as well as joint efforts pertaining to a variety of topics in cooperation with our R&D division, including weapons, spacecraft and other potential avenues of study.

This is the starting steps of a relationship that can be beneficial for both of our organizations. We are interested in what the Lane Hackers may want from us, however understand that there are limits to what we can and will do overall. The same can be said for anyone.

The Inner Phalanx awaits your response.

Keeper Leviathan & The Inner Phalanx

...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Keeper Leviathan of the Inner Phalanx.

Please forgive the delay in our response. We had reached a consensus and were about to contact you on this matter but the dramatic events in Bering system unfolded and demanded our full attention.

I will be as straightforward with you as possible, something which we know you appreciate.

The longstanding hurdles which impede a deeper and more meaningful cooperation with the Inner Phalanx was and still remains being your alliance[1] and your reliance[2] on the Hellfire Legion.

I will not explain that your philosophy and actions are much closer to the Lane Hackers than a nationalist and extremist organization, instead I will tell you that when the inevitable day comes and they seek to exploit or push you even further, we will be here for you. Even the simple-minded Xenos these days are trying to distance themselves from them but unlike you, they lack possible partners.

With that being said, I will address your proposal:

1. We agree with delivering cardamine to your hideout. Your men will gain significant advantages on mental activities and combat. With your permission we will also bring experts who will provide lectures and informative leaflets to your members about the exotic properties of this natural enhancer.

2. We agree. Our primary occupation is after all the purchase and sale of information. Whatever you have, do not hesitate to send it over.

3. We have begun preliminary research on a new flagship for the Lane Hackers. As you may be well-aware, the legendary Spyglass was a ship which revolutionized modern fleet combat even if it is outdated by modern standards. As the war between the Houses of Sirius is unabated with seemingly no end to it, we believe the time has come to set the standards even higher than before, by producting Battleship Spyglass Mark II.

We want to know if this project is of interest to you and if you are willing to invest significant resources in order to reap the future benefits which will come with it.

Furthermore, we would like to know about your view on the Bering conflict and whether you are actively aiding one side over the other.

Professor Yoshida over and out.

[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

PRIORITY: MEDIUM
FREQUENCY: VALRAVN
TOPIC: Response

____

Professor Yoshida,

The Legion is a calculated risk. I'm sure you've heard the history of our uprising, but these days our involvement with them has been rare, limited mostly to the removal of unwanted elements in the backwater systems such as the Outcasts who've been frequenting the region, the Gaians and the Gallics. Our relationship is out of respect and appreciation for what they've done for us, but that gives them no right to hold it over us and make us dance like puppets. We're our own people, and our actions are ours to make.

Nevertheless, I am someone who appreciates thorough planning. There is always a contingency, even with our closest friends. We're not willing to risk another Coronado incident.

Moving forward I'd like to address your notion on Cardamine, and clarify that these shipments are not for general use. Our society still retains a deep resentment for the Maltese and Cardamine due to its ability to essentially enslave one to the planet it originates from, and those who reside and profit from its distribution. We have no interest other than that of scientific purposes, to study its uses in other fields that would be less compromising to our bodies. In addition, it is also for the many dependents that occupy our ranks. There are several users, some even of Maltese origin or Reaper origin that require the drug to survive and continue functioning. The shipments are for their benefit and well-being, and I must warn you that any additional distribution will likely involve a thorough investigation with our ZS/MP divisions.

Onto the second point, we'll establish a secure network between our CIC here at the Citadel and a location of your choice, to ensure direct communication and streamlined information exchanging when the need arises.

Now, the third.

I took personal interest in this one, having commanded an Arbiter once upon a time. There's a particular level of history I have with the Spyglass, its bastard variants and what not. I've studied them, fought them, commanded one of them. I would be more than happy to lend our R&D department as well as my personal attention to the project, though my only request in return would be access to the original designs, should any remain in the Professorship's possession. Of course these designs would never enter my hands, but as a reference point to build from, it's important to study every aspect - even if obsolete - of past and present versions and hostiles you may encounter.

If you'd like to continue this discussion on ship development, I am open to arranging a meeting with whomever is taking command of the project. You've got my attention.

As for Bering, we have no interest in becoming involved with any of the involved parties, as stated in our last incident. The Unioners declared themselves hostile to us, and Harmony and us retain a history of violence thanks to the aforementioned relationship with the Hellfire Legion. For now, we are not actively hunting each other. We're observing.

The future is looking up for the both of us.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

A calculated risk? Very well, I hope your assessment about your friends in the Legion is correct, even though I do not share your optimism.

I thought your transcendent society understood the weakness and false assumptions in which emotions lead the human body. The greatest tragedies in our history were caused by the abundance of emotions, and the absence of sense and pragmatism. So it baffles me how you retain "deep resentment" over a natural product while refusing to consider the scientific facts surrounding it. My offer still stands -- experts will provide leaflets to your crew backed with 100% scientific accuracy. Do emotions matter more than facts in the Auxesia? I wonder.

No Hacker has managed to visit Valravn, so far, your docking protocols have been too restrictive and I have restricted my men from using their magic on your software. As I am sure you'd understand. I trust you will resolve your base docking systems in order for our cooperation to finally materialize.

Lastly, it is good to hear that you are interested in this grand project, and willing to contribute to it. Why would you settle with the old designs... and not ask for the new ones?

[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

PRIORITY: MEDIUM
FREQUENCY: ACHLYS
TOPIC: Are we doing this?

____

Professor Yoshida,

I do apologize for the delay in returning this message. I had hoped my request would've been taken a little more seriously. In any case, I've gone out of the way to obtain some resources for further study that could very well benefit this project, though some work is required that shouldn't take too long to complete.

That is if you're still interested in our cooperation. I will have our docking protocols amended once I know for certain.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Pages: 1 2