Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cap missile basics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Hello all, Mr.Complainerman is at it again

Sooo... this most recent patch saw the removal of basic and house capital missile turrets (basically the old missile turrets before all the new ones)

My question is; why??

There were a lot of legitimate and quite useful builds associated with those, and the fact that they're gone kinda gimps a number of loadouts a lot of people use. I have the feeling their removal was a mistake, as the ships that oncd owned them still have them equipped- you just can't buy new ones any ore- but I dunno- was this intentional? And if so; for what reason?

Actually vome to think of it, I dont remember even seeing anything in the patch notes about this... so yeah, can we get those back please?
With the introduction of the new missiles, Titan announced they will replace the basic battleship missiles. Because.
there was one problem with missiles in general , it messes up your aim (when someone fires the missile at you and your crosshairs will target the missile instead of the battleship) and you could with basic missiles just sit a distance and chain 2 missiles every 5 seconds. New missiles have 15~30 second reload speed and are much more balanced.
They were the middle ground too, silencers were short - track more - and faster, while basics were longer, tracked less, slightly slower, and the anti cap was much longer, tracking worse, and lasted longer.

Cruisers needed the missiles to fend off those pesky light gunboats.

There's really no legitimate reason to remove the basic missiles, and if someone made a 'lolmissile cap' - well guess what? They're exposed to other caps. They don't have anti cap, they also can be flaked and CD'd.
old missles were redundant and were supposed to be removed when new ones were introduced. it was delayed, thats all
They weren't redundant though. They were different in one way or another, let's look at all 3 classes:

BS missiles - useless. We can all agree that the EMP missiles aren't worth using, especially when there are new better EMPs anyways. I doubt anyone cares old BS missiles are gone.

Cruiser missiles - they are close to Marauders but a bit easier to flak, easier to dodge, less efficient with much higher range. It enabled you to not have to be at very close range (1500m) and shoot them. Their uniqueness was range while being good at tracking, especially if you let them pick up some speed. All 3 current cruiser missiles are inconsistent due to either too short range (Marauder), low tracking and awkward launch (Desolator) or low range + triple barrel + low tracking (Trinity.

Gunboat missiles - people compare them to Silencers, and say "they're just the same". While that's mostly true at close range, old missiles had 2.5k range and more damage, but worse tracking and less ammo. Is that not unique enough? I don't understand the argument of not allowing multiple launchers of the same type, if you put double missiles on your gunboat you're using 2 heavy slots which could've been replaced by solaris gatlings or any other weapon. The drawback is pretty clear and if the intent was to stop using 2 similar missiles to get "double the ammo", that's nonsense because double Silencers will still be a thing now. Sure, you'll have effectively 30 ammo per launcher instead of 40, but with the lower refire you'll spend them slower than the old 40 anyways. Effectively it changed nothing and removed variety of guns that were fine for the longest time, "just because". New ones replacing the old isn't an argument if the old missiles were fine.
Can we just, for once, have an update that doesn't shaft caps in some way?

It seems to me like there's a bug in the logic here.

EDIT: Seriously though, basics were useful. Variety may not work with systems, but with loadouts it certainly does. Keeps people on their toes. No point in having an expanded universe without some expansion in what's available.

Besides, the new missiles are situational anyway.
(05-28-2018, 06:46 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]All 3 current cruiser
there is 4 cruiser missile

Marauder: Damage(150K/75K), Close range(1.7K), Low energy reqs(600K), Exp Radius(180m), Highest Tracking Cruiser Missile(0.45), Speed(210), Reload(15s), Ammo(50), Mass(85)
It is possible to launch Marauder every 5 second on Heavy Cruisers but you need 3 Marauder Launchers and because of that Marauder have low range. Marauder can track Light Gunboats and can hit very lazy snubs

Devastator: Damage(275K/252K) High/Medium Range(3.0K), Moderate energy reqs(1.1M), Exp Radius(205m), Average Tracking(0.22), Speed(217), Reload(20s), Ammo(50), Mass(100)
Devastator is anti-battlecruiser and battleship torpedo launcher for Cruisers. It deals %87.2 more damage to Shield(+120K Energy Damage).
Devastator can also hit Cruisers. Desolator is Anti-hull and Anti-shield torpedo launcher

Trinity: Damage(900K/450K), Low-Medium Range(2.0K), Moderate energy reqs(1.2M), Exp Radius(205m), Lowest Tracking(0.11), Speed(220), Reload(30s), Ammo(50), Mass(10.000)
Trinity is triple launch torpedo launcher with lowest tracking rate, It is possible to dodge this torpedo with Battleship if you Turret Steer. Flaks are completely useless against Trinity Torpedo, When i made this weapon, i was thinking to make something that is unstoppable with Flaks(except CM) but possible to dodge if you know how to fly the ship. Trinity torpedo have lowest tracking angle(35), that means target must be in 35 degree arc when you launch the torpedo, otherwise its not going to track.

Desolator: Damage(500K/250K), Long Range(4.0K), Highest Energy req(1.3M), Exp Radius(205m), Average Tracking(0.19), Speed(170), Reload(25s), Ammo(30), Mass(90)
Desolator is vertical launch anti-battlecruiser and battleship torpedo launcher.

Highest damage regular missile;
Hessian Cruiser Missile: Damage(140K/70K), Long Range(4.0K), Moderate energy req(980K), Exp Radius(96m), High tracking(0.40), Speed(220), Reload(10s), Ammo(30), Mass(100) - 2 Flak can destroy this missile

Basic regular missile:
Basic Cruiser Missile: Damage(100K/50K), Long Range(4.0K), Low-Moderate Energy req(740K), Exp Radius(96m), High tracking(0.40), Speed(220), Reload(10s), Ammo(30), Mass(100) - 2 Flak can destroy this missile

Now compare Regular missiles with new missiles, then tell me why you need it?

Battlecruisers doesnt have basic/regular missile launchers

One of the biggest reason why i wanted to remove them was Navy Faction was able to mount 3 different type missile (e.g Bretonia/Liberty/Basic) but Pirates had only Basic missile

(05-28-2018, 06:46 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Gunboat missiles - people compare them to Silencers, and say "they're just the same". While that's mostly true at close range, old missiles had 2.5k range and more damage, but worse tracking and less ammo. Is that not unique enough?
Nope, regular missile was way more better than Silencers. Silencers had low damage but more ammo
Silencer tracking is slow compared to GB regular missiles but Silencer have faster move speed.
(05-28-2018, 08:23 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]One of the biggest reason why i wanted to remove them was Navy Faction was able to mount 3 different type missile (e.g Bretonia/Liberty/Basic) but Pirates had only Basic missile

Surely the solution would have been to add missiles, rather than taking away missiles, in that case then?
I feel like stacking autobuy on basic missiles would have solved that because that's literally what you're doing by slapping two house missiles and one basic missile on the same ship.
Pages: 1 2 3