Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Which one would you prefer for polls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... As I'm getting more into forcing awful models into the mod, I'm planing on getting more in-progress feedback from the community (likely in form of posting a few different iterations attached to a poll), but since the poll system on the forums is just awful, I'll have to rely on some 3rd party site so it won't turn into a mess in case I decide to have multiple polls going at the same time.

And on that note, here comes the first poll:

Which one would you prefer - Strawpoll or Twitter?

I personally prefer Twitter because it's generally more accessible and allows having multiple polls in the same url with images attached to them, but some people might not want to get their twitter involved with disco, which is completely understandable, so Strawpoll would be a good straightforward alternative, but then every poll will end up in its own url posted in its relevant thread, which may not be really pleasant to chase around.

So yea, you guys decide.
(05-29-2018, 10:50 AM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]
(...) but some people might not want to get their twitter involved with disco, which is completely understandable, so Strawpoll would be a good easy-to-use alternative (...)

Although the counterweight is valid (Having to chase stuff around sucks) some people also don't use twitter.

*Points to self*
i found that Strawpoll works good for projects and such I work with , such as web development ect

where twitter is more social , so for a community this old and with all the newlings showing up
twitter might be a good idea
I personally prefer google Polls wouldn't that be a good alternative? But Strawpoll works well enough.
I think one thing to bear in mind is that using any third party site will inevitably see less involvement than using the forum's own system. Keeping the polls here might actually work best but it's up to you.
(05-29-2018, 06:54 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping the polls here might actually work best

It unfortunately wont.

Imagine if cockpit, body, and engine of a ship end up needing their own poll, each in 2 different stages of making the model (bit of an exaggerated example, but you get the point). So yea, trying to force that into the system forum has to offer for polls is just not worth the headache, and could possibly end up being even harder to follow than strawpoll.