Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dear Mr. Harry Callahan,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[INCOMING MESSAGE]
[Image: EDITED_34.png]

[To]: Harry Callahan, Amalfi|
[From]: Adrienne Perry, [SIS]
[Subject]: Maltese Security
[Encryption]: High

Dear Mr. Callahan,

My name is Adrienne Perry and I work for the Secret Intelligence Service of Bretonia. We have a mutual friend, a certain Mr. Douglas Wardwell who referred me to you. SIS has interacted with Malta in the past [ACCESS REPORT] primarily as our network was able to obtain some outdated, but nevertheless useful intelligence pertinent to Maltese security. I will post below a summary of the intelligence report.

I hope that you and your organisation, the Amalfi Directorate find this information useful. SIS is looking forward to expanding our operations in the Omicrons in order to deal with the Cretan problem. Although we realise that you and your organisation do not owe us anything, we would genuinely appreciate any help coming from your end.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry, Chief of Staff,
Secret Intelligence Service, Bretonia

[MESSAGE COMPLETE]
[Image: 4Fbwuhf.png]

--Incoming feed--
--Parsing data and matching encryption cipher--
--Cipher Approved--

Miss Perry,
You'll have to pardon my surprise here: the last time a Maltese organization I found myself under employ of attempted to contact much of any group within Bretonia, we were met with a combination of silence and obstinence. Refreshing to see how such things have changed, I'm glad the Nationals did actually manage to accomplish something on that front.

Moving from that topic, I find it amusing that the baugette-munchers are so uninformed as to a system so close to their border. That the full extent of Malta's presence in Omicron Tau remains hidden is information I can certainly make use of, and will pass it up the chain to my superiors. As to the Cretan issue: far be it from me to tell you precisely what your worry is but would Gallia's pressing advance not be of greater import at this time for your people, or is there something I'm missing here?

Regardless, I must ask what it is exactly the SIS is wishing from Amalfi in regards to assistance on that matter? In what way do you believe we can best be of assistance?

--R&D Division Chief & Senior Agent,
Harry Callahan

[INCOMING MESSAGE]
[Image: EDITED_13.png]

[Subject]: RE: Maltese Security

Dear Mr. Callahan,

Gallia is advancing however we will still need to cover our fall back areas from the Corsairs and as such, the two issues are related. I'm glad to hear that you are willing to consider assistance for us. It would be very useful for us to have a base from which to launch operations through the porous borders of the Omicrons. Due to the irregular nature of conflict in that region along with the rapid colonisation of several planets and shifting alliances, we need to keep an eye on the Omicrons as it remains in a constant state of flux. If you lobby for SIS to have docking rights on one of Malta's bases, preferably in the Omicrons or the Sigmas, then that would be a very strategic and useful launchpad for our monitoring operations in the region.

Secondly, for some reason our engineers don't have much expertise on the Borderworlds shipline although it is compatible with Bretonian technology. As such our energy and electricity systems refuse to run on full capacity, wasting up to 25% of the power we'd normally need to operate one of those ships. I understand that Malta has a good expertise on this shipline and we would like to initiate a long term project between your engineers and ours to rectify this problem.

Please let me know what you think and thank you very much for taking the time.

Sincerely,

[MESSAGE COMPLETE]
[Image: 4Fbwuhf.png]

--Incoming feed--
--Parsing data and matching encryption cipher--
--Cipher Approved--

Miss Perry,
What I do believe we have here is a request for two favors. Speaking on behalf of Amalfi, we are prepared to render unto you the following:

Full docking right is an issue you will need to raise directly with the National Council at the next available opportunity, as their waning hegemony over Maltese society still retains more sway than that of the voices of the Amalfi Union. Personally I can see no issue with it however, and am willing to vouch on behalf of your vessels. In exchange however, there must exist between us an understanding: Bretonia not so long ago attempted to make inroads towards claims on the Tau-region, actions which ribbed the Independent Miners slightly, of whom have since infested the region like a colony of rats. They and other notable independent organizations like the Natio Octavarium and the Colonial Republic, all have made similar land-grabbing gestures in the area. All of these groups are under careful monitoring by both Malta and Amalfi specifically, however our intelligence resources - like anyones - are limited. Should the time ever come that Gallia's rotted-cheese stench ever be cleansed from the Taus, I do believe we can agree that it is a region of import to both her majesty's Bretonia and the Nazione di Malta. I'm certain we can also agree that it is not a region that shall truly belong to any of them, but only to those nations capable of protecting and guarding it - namely both of our parent Houses. As such; any information you can offer as to the goings-on of these organizations should you come across them in your Tau/Omicron operations would be appreciated enormously. I'll let your people mull on the exact specifics, but I trust figuring out what information is relevant to Amalfi is a task your people are up for.

Secondly: being myself bourne of Bretonia, the transition from the more redundancy-focused technological philosophy of Bretonia to the Borderworlds region's own special brand of tech was a tough one indeed. Speaking as Amalfi's R&D head, a better integration of these technologies should be of little actual consequence. For the moment, we'll ask nothing in return for aide in this matter beyond a simple favor. One that I do hope will be taken seriously by not only your group, but by the Bretonia's other myriad organizations as well. Specifics at this time are not of relevance, but when we have need of the Kingdom, we expect fulfilling our request shall be of little issue.

Finally, I wish to extend my apologies at this time for the tardiness of this reply, miss Perry: near the time you'd contacted us again, I had sustained minor injuries on a construction project and was rendered unable to perform my job for a few days. Thankfully said setback has since passed, but in my haste to catch back up with my work, your communique slipped through the cracks. Worry not however, I've seen to it that a delay such as that one shouldn't happen again.

--R&D Division Chief & Senior Agent,
Harry Callahan

[INCOMING MESSAGE]
[Image: EDITED_39.png]

[Subject]: RE: Maltese Security

Dear Mr. Callahan,

There is no rush Mr. Callahan. I cannot comment on Bretonia's interests in the Taus, but the current organisations involving themselves in the region do not have much of a place Bretonia's ideal vision of the Taus. This is something we are willing to work with you to achieve over the coming months. Thank you for your help Mr. Callahan, we will keep in touch.

Sincerely,

[MESSAGE COMPLETE]