Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Increasing Bribe NPC Chance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it's not a high-priority thing at all but a rather nice-to-have.

[Image: tqXwIAA.png]

A few minutes ago, we noticed a player relogging over and over and over again into the game, and it turned out that player was relogging because the base he was in that moment offered a bribe, however with a very tiny chance of that bribe to appear. While the idea of certain NPCs only offering certain services under special conditions, I don't think the randomness and low percentage of it to happen are a good condition, because all it will cause is people to relog and relog and relog and relog and relog and relog.

I want to suggest to simply increase the bribe appearance chances significantly since there is no gain from the way they are currently.
can we have certain bases offering one particular bribe at all time ?
Would much rather see bribes be done by flhook command like /bribe GMG +500.000 to make it go up 5 bars and -500.000 to make it go down
The problem with this is that some bases offer so many bribes which essentially means every bribe offered means less % of another one to appear, so you can't increase the chance past a certain %. Other than that, sure why not. Empty NPCs are useless, rather have something else being offered like a bribe.
(05-30-2018, 11:09 AM)Erik-Kieber Wrote: [ -> ]Would much rather see bribes be done by flhook command like /bribe GMG +500.000 to make it go up 5 bars and -500.000 to make it go down

People would abuse this a lot.

FOR EXAMPLE, you're a pirate, you go blow up some transport in Liberty and then dock and change your rep and get a new IFF. When [LN] finds you and you're just like "you can't shoot me, I'm not a pirate it's against ID rules."
(05-30-2018, 11:10 AM)Stolt. Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2018, 11:09 AM)Erik-Kieber Wrote: [ -> ]Would much rather see bribes be done by flhook command like /bribe GMG +500.000 to make it go up 5 bars and -500.000 to make it go down

repfixed cant be bribed anyway *take kruger as example and try to do bmm bribe* so dont realy see how abuse would be posible or valuable in this
They will shoot he not by IFF but by evidence of piracy or by ID.

FOR EXAMPLE, you're a pirate, you go blow up some transport in Liberty and then dock and change your rep and get a new IFF. When [LN] finds you and you're just like "you can't shoot me, I'm not a pirate it's against ID rules."

Well, that should simply be sanctionable, then. I also think that having to relog N times to find that one bribe, just to get your dang IFF is time consuming and bothersome. I got PMd once as well by someone asking if I was having Trouble, like getting kicked over and over, but I was just trying to get some bribe, I can't even remember which one anymore. I think it was to get a CR bribe.
Either way, if you make it so you can do /bribes in the bar on any base and it Shows the bribes and the Price for each bribe "intensity", then it wouldn't be much different, anyway. Make a cap for it, following the logic of the current bribes and that's it.
You'd still Need to dock on the base to use the command, just as you Need to dock on the base to relog 1000 times to find the bribe you're looking for.
I say, bring the bribe command forth!
(05-30-2018, 11:13 AM)Erik-Kieber Wrote: [ -> ]

repfixed cant be bribed anyway *take kruger as example and try to do bmm bribe* so dont realy see how abuse would be posible or valuable in this

This is true, I did not take that into account. However, a repfix could still be possible if the person changed ID's and bought a freelancer ID which is available in many/most bases (I THINK).

So all you'd really need to do is dock, change ID to FL ID, repfix, buy new ID, undock and you've just gotten away with a crime.
So... blackboxes dont exist in Sirius then? You still did the crime, regardless of what ID you fly when you get caught, so you can be punished by the law
Pages: 1 2