Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Drone Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Drones are out in-game, but I don't see anything on the patch notes? Share drone info here.

The LN Carrier has a heavy Drone bay which can launch 3 drone types: From lightest to heaviest: MDrone, TDrone and SDrone. They are each armed with one missile/torpedo only.

MDrone missile: 150.00 dmg, 170m/s speed, 0.65 turn rate.
TDrone missile: 500.000 dmg, 155 m/s speed, 0.25 turn rate
SDrone torpedo: 900.000 dmg, 85 m/s speed 0.15 turn rate.

They are pretty beefy, capable of withstanding cap seconderies long enough to deliver a torpedo or two. They fly completely straight and secondaries can easily hit them.

They all refused to target NPC fighters. I guess they're meant vs cruisers, BCs and Battleships respectively?
(05-30-2018, 10:58 PM)foveros Wrote: [ -> ]Drones are out in-game, but I don't see anything on the patch notes? Share drone info here.
Nor would you, patch notes are only issued for mod releases, drones are an FLHook thing.
(05-30-2018, 10:58 PM)foveros Wrote: [ -> ]The LN Carrier has a heavy Drone bay which can launch 3 drone types: From lightest to heaviest: MDrone, TDrone and SDrone.
Heavy drone bay allows you to launch Heavy Drones, they all have same survivability,turn rate etc

There will be Light Drone bay for Light Carriers, they not gonna deal same damage as Heavy drone but they are smaller than heavy drones.

(05-30-2018, 10:58 PM)foveros Wrote: [ -> ]MDrone missile: 150.00 dmg, 170m/s speed, 0.65 turn rate.
MDrone is actually Missile Drone. This drone more effective against Transports,Gunboats and Cruisers. It has more tracking speed so it can track them.

(05-30-2018, 10:58 PM)foveros Wrote: [ -> ]TDrone missile: 500.000 dmg, 155 m/s speed, 0.25 turn rate
TDrone is Torpedo Drone. It can track Battlecruisers and Battleships very well but not enough to track Gunboats or Cruisers

(05-30-2018, 10:58 PM)foveros Wrote: [ -> ]SDrone torpedo: 900.000 dmg, 85 m/s speed 0.15 turn rate.
SDrone is Single-Use Torpedo Drone. This drone have only 1 ammo, you need keep an eye on this drone. After it launch the torpedo you must use /dronerecall command and wait for drone to dock with your ship and then deploy again.

(05-30-2018, 10:58 PM)foveros Wrote: [ -> ]I guess they're meant vs cruisers, BCs and Battleships respectively?
Yes, they can target Transports and bigger class ships.
Drones cant target these ships;
Freighters
Bombers
Fighters(all type)

Note that drone stats,loadouts are not final we are still in testing phase.
I see, thanks for the info. Hadn't noticed that the SDrone had one torpedo only.
Drones used to work for my Zephyr carrier (which has 2 carrier bays and 2 heavy carrier bays) about a year ago, but now I can't even mount my Light Drone Bay Module anymore.

Have they been disabled?
(06-22-2019, 12:04 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Drones used to work for my Zephyr carrier (which has 2 carrier bays and 2 heavy carrier bays) about a year ago, but now I can't even mount my Light Drone Bay Module anymore.

Have they been disabled?

Carriers have been reverted to their pre-drone state and have heavies instead again.
So is there another ship class that can use them then?
(06-22-2019, 12:11 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]So is there another ship class that can use them then?
No, they are not usable anymore. They're currently still in the game, but the plugin is deactivated iirc. Maybe they will make a return at some point when all their issues have been fixed
(06-22-2019, 12:43 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2019, 12:11 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]So is there another ship class that can use them then?
No, they are not usable anymore. They're currently still in the game, but the plugin is deactivated iirc. Maybe they will make a return at some point when all their issues have been fixed

i hope they don't